2018 -19 NHL season

Habs lost 5-3 to the Rangers last night, after Tatar got first goal 39 seconds into the 1st period and blowing a 3-1 lead. Habs are in Buffalo Thursday night and home Saturday to play the Golden Nights.

I only started watched after it was 3-1. Sort of seemed to go down hill fast from there. Once NY scored their second goal the crowd woke up and it was game over from there.

Habs didn't skate as per normal and rangers, even though rebuild
are also quick, So Montreal paid the price, I only watched 1/2 the game
and I was to tired to watch anymore, guess I didn't miss much lol.

Crazy game last night habs Sabers. Sabres won 6-5 in OT. Habs are 3rd in their Division with 19 points behind Leafs in second with 20 and Lightning in first with 25. Bruins and Sabres are behind Habs in the 2 Wild card Spots.

Caught the last 10 minutes of the 3rd Period in Habs-Golden Knights Game. Habs Won 5-4 with Niemi in Goal. Plekanic announced his NHL Retirement also. He may play a year in his Native Slovakia.

As The Lightning and Toronto lost, they are still 1 and 2 in Atlantic with Habs in 3rd. Habs are only 1 point behind Toronto with 21 points. Tampa Bay has 25. Habs play in Edmonton Tuesday, Calgary Thursday and Vancouver Saturday.

Go Has Go !

Correction on the score of that Bruins/Leafs game.
The score was 5-1, not 3-1.
I don't know what I was thinking.
Pasternak's hat trick was sandwiched by goals from Bergeron in the first and Nordstrom late in the third.
I remembered this last night after posting but too lazy to change it then.
Goalie for Leafs was Sparks.
I remember announcers saying he won Calder cup last year but new to NHL this season.
That Leafs don't have luxury or patience of giving him 15 or so games to get comfortable.
Not when they have Andersen in the wings while Sparks is on the ice.
So a couple bad outings like this for Sparks could have negative impact on his NHL tenure.
The last goal by Nordstrom was not a pretty one. Through the five hole.
Looked like Sparks was not ready for the shot.

Meanwhile, Bruins maintaining hold of that third spot with a win against Golden Knights last night.
4-1 final score.

Bruins have 22 Points,Canadiens 21. It's close. If Habs beat Oilers tomorrow, they're back in 3rd as Bruins only play Wednesday night against the Avalanche.

Heard on the news this morning that the Oilers beat the Habs 6-2 last night in Edmonton. McDavid probably scored 4 out of the 6. Montreal is in Calgary Tomorrow and Vancouver Saturday. Hopefully they win those 2 and come back with 2 out of 3.

Leafs beat the Kings 5-1.

Based on news reports, Habs didn't show up to play, Coach said worst performance of the year.
going to happen, bigger concern should be Price. They are giving "him a week to get is head right"
What does that mean? He started out year better, I noticed in last few games he was not playing good, didn't look
like he was moving right, I hope he did not re injure himself.

I know price had a condition ( can't remember name of it) but it can affect him mentally
imagine playing goal with that condition, for years he has managed to control it,
stress can set it off. Hmmmm goalie in Montreal seems like bad combination.

Two concerns here, one is you hope he is ok, your health is more important.
From strictly performance based perspective they just signed him to 10 year deal,
for 80 + million ahhh not good.
he might play on weekend reports say.

Realistically as a Habs fan, we expected a far worse season and to say
its been a pleasant surprise would be an understatement. I know there will be some rough days this year
and much more needs to be done to make the a cup contender. But my big hope was price played
like we know Price can play like, despite with win loss numbers. Hopefully he is good and any issues
are not serious.

The Old Price was in Nets last night in Vancouver and Habs have 25 Points and are in 2nd Wild card spot behind Bruins who also have 25 points but a superior plus-minus Stat. Sabres are hot, having won their last 5 games and are 3rd in Atlantic behind Toronto in 2nd and Tampa Bay in 1st.

Capitals are in Montreal Monday, Habs travel to New Jersey on Wednesday. Then on to Buffalo for an early game on Friday, puck drop at 5 Atlantic, Then they host the Bruins Saturday night.

In other News, Penguins Suck this year, Senators beat them 6-4 yesterday and Pittsburgh is Last in the East.

Back