2018 -19 NHL season

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
For some of us here hockey in winter helps us through the Mustang blues.
Its that time of year, when the NHL is ramping up and camps are beginning.
For fans, its a time of year when every team is equal as the new season begins.

As a Montreal fan I am expecting a tough year, but watching events unfold
I think Ottawa fans may have a rougher year. Toronto is looking good, so we have to listen
to Leaf fans plan the parade route in October LOL

Other Canadian teams look good with promise, so if your a fan join the conversation
as the season unfolds, tell us who your team is and join in the conversation.

Slightly off topic.
Maritime Junior A hockey ramping up in northern NB.
Formerly Dieppe Commandos moved to Edmundston last year. Now called the Blizzard.
For this season, formerly Woodstock Slammers have moved to Grand Falls. Now called the Rapids.
Instant rivalry in the making.
I got season tickets to the Rapids. Closer to my place.
And Campbellton Tigers not too far away.
This should make winter up here interesting.

One of my partners here at work is on the coaching staff of the Tigers this year so yeah I'm taking an interest in this as well. He says it looks like they may have a descent team but only time will tell. Never know Marc I may just catch a few games up your way so might run into each other ?? As far as NHL goes man I wish Bergevin would have disappeared somewhere during the down time, don't know just can't get into it as much since he's been there ?? And yep I agree with Trevor that the Leafs look pretty good so Jason should have a good season eh ?? lol

cut.jpg

Pacierety was traded to the Golden Knights earlier this week in exchange for Thomas Tatar, and Center Nick Suzuki who was a top pick for Vegas in 2017 and did well in American League play last season. They also got a second round Draft Pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.

Our Local Q League Team, the Moncton Wildcats move to the Avenir Center Downtown this Season with first Home Game September 28th.

I already have tickets for 2 games, October 28th when the Memorial Cup Champions Bathurst Titan will be in Town, as well as January 4th when the Quebec Ramparts and Coach Patrick Roy are in town. Best Seats in the House were only $22.50.

For both games am in Section behind the Visiting Teams bench, 4 rows up from ice level.

Wife and I were at the Venue Wednesday night for the Keith Urban Concert, excellent show and World Class Venue.

Habs beat the Devils Half Squad 3-1 at the Bell Center last night. Devils were leading 1-0 at end of first.

Heard on the radio this morning that the Leafs are looking at holding their 2020 Training Camp at the the new Moncton Events Center.

Be nice if they could also arrange to have a Pre Season Leafs - Habs match up there too.

Anyone been watching their Team in Pre Season games ? Habs have played 3 so far and won 2 out of 3. They beat Stanley Cup Champions Washington Capitols 5-2 last night. Lost to Panthers night before and beat Devils Half Squad Monday. Last year they lost all 6 of their pre season games and we all know how their season ended. I like what I see so far in the Habs, a Younger Faster Team. :FordSmile

Canadians are doing much better so far in Pre-Season Action than they did last year when they lost all 6 Pre-Season games.

So far they are 4-1-0.

They beat Devils 3-1
Lost to Panthers 5-2
Beat Capitals 5-2
Ottawa 3-2
and Leafs 5-1.

Hopefully this is a glimpse of things to come in the Regular Season. :FordSmile

Leafs will running a full team tonight, Habs still have lots to sort out with so many new players.
I expect them the young guys to see how hard the NHL will be tonight.
Leafs being touted as cup favourites and Montreal trying to just make the playoffs
has them at different end of the spectrum.

Some of the young guys with Montreal have impressed me, see how they do tonight.
Might be a long year, but we could see some young guys do great things.
Hopefully it will be fun.

Ohtobbad;n25871 said:
Leafs will running a full team tonight, Habs still have lots to sort out with so many new players.
I expect them the young guys to see how hard the NHL will be tonight.
Leafs being touted as cup favourites and Montreal trying to just make the playoffs
has them at different end of the spectrum.

Some of the young guys with Montreal have impressed me, see how they do tonight.
Might be a long year, but we could see some young guys do great things.
Hopefully it will be fun.

Habs lineup is gonna be close to NHL ready from what I hear.

Yes, but Habs Line-Up came up Short against Tavares, Mathews, Marner and the rest of the Leafs who beat the Habs 5-3 last night. Bringing the Leafs Pre-Season record to 5-1-0 and the Habs are at 4-2-0.

I expect the Leafs to go far and based on what I have seen in the Pre-Season, I'm confidant the Habs will do much better than they did last year. :FordSmile

2018 -19 season starts tonight. with 4 games. Leafs looking for a good start after a busy off season,
facing my Habs with no expectations in what the team calls a re-tool, the young players could be fun to watch.

Some interesting til-bit news this week.

Toronto puts two goalies on waivers and both are taken.
Shanahan calls out Nylander ( who has yet to sign) About wanting to be in TO
and taken less for the cause.

Montreal makes Weber Captain
Bergivan says his best move was picking up Byron on waivers
likely true, so his best move was being lucky lol.
Montreal holds there breath to see how price does the first 10 games.

Ottawa is in full rebuild mode, expectations are low, so are the crowds.

Fingers crossed in Edmonton.
and Flames country.

Vancouver is in same boat as habs, praying young guys do better
than expected.

Winnipeg has likely the best chance at a cup in Canada
regardless of what rabid Leaf fans believe.

I can't wait and it will be tough start tonight for my habs
but its only game one.

GO HABS GO

Habs out shot and out skated the Leafs for most of the game. Mathews scored the winning overtime goal (his 2nd) to bring the Leafs to a 3-2 Win.

If Habs can play the rest of the Season with the same intensity as they did last night, they should pretty good this year.

I was also impressed, in-spite the refs efforts in the 1st to give the Leafs
the jump, as good as the leafs are on paper they played poorly.
the skills of Tavares and Matthews show you how fast they can make teams pay.

Montreal played fast and with great intensity, Price looks good, despite the loss
quite positive first game and I am sure the road won't be easy but at least they can play.
Watching the young guys will be enjoyable. We need a few stars but not as dim as
projected, lets hope they can bring that on regular basis.

I liked how Marchand showed the Caps not to make fun of them when they are down and the game out of reach.
Those European players, when will they learn the proper etiquette of the game?
Don't taunt a team when they are down.
Don't make a production of your celebrations.
Hockey is not soccer.

Yes, some of the Commentators in Sports media were criticizing Marchand for what he did but I agree with You 100%. Eller was in need of an Attitude Adjustment.

Once Your Team is up 3 or 4 nothing, Celebrations after each Goal is in Poor Taste.

I remember a game in years past when the Habs were leading like that, and Pacieretty scored a Goal and was very low key about it.

Back