2018 -19 NHL season

I believe MB has not done a good job in Montreal.
Its obvious Geoff Molson loves him, he has Habs fans
happy with an average team and saving 9 million in cap space goes into
Molsons pockets LOL. If they get in they get serious playoff revenues
and MB can say hey we got in playoffs. As a Hab's fan I think its a lose, Lose.

As Much as I want them to win, it far better helps our cause if the don't and it forces
one of them or both to do something this summer. MB got very lucky this year.
Almost every player is having a career year, what's the odds each play repeats that.
We have a few serious prospects coming, big help but they still be several years away
From contender ( how many great years does Price have left?)
Montreal needs to get some high end help and now. Its a good free agent year
go get some one and final thought, Trade Drouin while someone still thinks he is worth something.

Jason you think Habs fan are going to be upset.
Leafs have far more problems if you ask me.
Not winning nothing this year and after all the nice signings
you will have no money to sign anyone else, could be tricky.
If they give Marner 11 million, based on other signings he should get it.
that leaves them less than 4 million to sign 6 players for next season.
hmmmm interesting summer ahead for leafs fans.

With only 1 Point behind Carolina, I 'm hoping that Carolina will finish in 2nd Wild card Spot and Habs in 1st WC Spot and facing Washington instead of Tampa Bay in 1st Round.

:FordSmile

Ohtobbad;n29430 said:
Jason you think Habs fan are going to be upset.
Leafs have far more problems if you ask me.
Not winning nothing this year and after all the nice signings
you will have no money to sign anyone else, could be tricky.
If they give Marner 11 million, based on other signings he should get it.
that leaves them less than 4 million to sign 6 players for next season.
hmmmm interesting summer ahead for leafs fans.

Don't remember saying anything about Habs fans being upset lol. To be honest you should be the opposite. I think they've achieved more to this point than most were giving credit for. If they even make the playoffs you gotta think that's a win for a team that many thought would be lower. Yes getting Tampa isn't idea but better than golfing and you can always keep in mind the Golden Knights or LA Kings the year they made to 8th on the last day of the regular season.

Canuck121;n29433 said:
Don't remember saying anything about Habs fans being upset lol. To be honest you should be the opposite. I think they've achieved more to this point than most were giving credit for. If they even make the playoffs you gotta think that's a win for a team that many thought would be lower. Yes getting Tampa isn't idea but better than golfing and you can always keep in mind the Golden Knights or LA Kings the year they made to 8th on the last day of the regular season.

They may not be upset now, but will be if they don't make playoffs.
But to honest, The Montreal management has become to complacent
It is been far to long since Montreal has been considered a serious threat.
Yes they have had a run or two in last 10 years, but as a fan who remembers their history
that should not be good enough. We have a top 10 D and have had one of the best
Goalies in the NHL for quite a few years, both hard to replace. We have the pieces for a really good team.
Make the adjustments and make it at least a serious contender.

As a hockey fan, you do have to love how close it is at the top.
Tampa maybe being the exception this year. Even then look at history
over last 20 years of Presidents trophy winner, not good.
Yes all 16 playoff teams have a chance, but at least 9 or 10
are serious threats and would not be a big shock to win it all.
For fans it should make you happy and crazy all at the same time.
Because if you are a contending team and you look at how good
8-9 other teams are your saying SHIT. As a fan we are about to see some great hockey.

As for the Leafs it would take quite a run to win it. They don't have the D to do it in my opinion....and the opinions of a few others lol. You never know though....stranger things have happened. They will be giving Marner some crazy money this summer and it's gonna make funds tight. I expect that you will see some players go....as to who exactly I'm not sure....either trade or just not resigned. They got Muzzin for a reason and I think a big name D will be gone....Gardiner perhaps? Muzzin has another year left so just food for thought. They will have to figure something out and they did say at the deadline that free agency this summer they will look hard at. Not sure how but that's why they get paid the big bucks and I'm just a fan on the sidelines lol. We shall see how it goes as they say.

Habs came out strong last night and scored first goal in first 2 minutes of play. Blue Jackets didn't get their first shot on goal till half way in the first period. Then they woke up and beat the Habs 6-2 (last one was an empty netter cause Price was pulled with 5 minutes to go.) So Habs are first Team out of Wild Card, tied in Points with Columbus who have a game in hand. 4 games left for Habs, Jets Saturday, Lightning Tuesday, Washington Thursday and Leafs next Saturday. Will be a stressful week for Habs fans for sure. It's not over yet, but could be in a week.

images

Montreal could win 2 maybe.
But Carolina and Jackets should each win 3 out 5 based on schedule.
Disappointing end to decent season. A long way to go to be truly competitive
against top teams. MB will actually have to try and find some first line talent.

TrueBlue02058;n29474 said:

Oh I agree, but I am not a blind Habs fan, I will speak up when they suck and say
it like it is. But good bad or ugly I am and always will be a Montreal fan.
Besides I hate band wagon jumpers.

I know how hard it is to build and keep a competitive team in todays NHL.
But Montreal has the money to build a decent management team and scouting staff.
the Need a better GM and maybe assistant GM to make better decisions.
We should at least be in the conversation for competing for Stanley Cup.
Sorry getting excited just to make playoffs should not be where we're at.
Like Edmonton or Blue Jackets, I hope I never sink that low in mind set.

First person to go is Geoff Molson.
Wonder if he is capable of self evaluation?
If so he should fire himself as President and bring
in a proper hockey guy. then that person could assemble
a proper management team with the goal of building a real
contender.

Back