2018 -19 NHL season

But they need all 6 points from this road trip. If my memory is good, Niemi has a good record against Detroit. And fame is Tuesday not Saturday.

I have been to a couple of Tuesday night games at the Bell Center and it had always been Price in net. They may look at the record and put Niemi in net but if your goalie is hot with that much break you leave him in. Julien has made that mistake before.lol The next 2 games will help decide that I am sure.

TrueBlue02058;n28950 said:
But they need all 6 points from this road trip. If my memory is good, Niemi has a good record against Detroit. And fame is Tuesday not Saturday.

2001BlackGTvert;n28951 said:
I have been to a couple of Tuesday night games at the Bell Center and it had always been Price in net. They may look at the record and put Niemi in net but if your goalie is hot with that much break you leave him in. Julien has made that mistake before.lol The next 2 games will help decide that I am sure.

I agree, the race is so close, your going with price.
Live or die with him, only way to see Nieme now is if back to back
with next to no break following.

Or you get up a couple of points or out of it all together.
Also with the Record on the line they want him in.

Ya, and no surprise this morning to see that the Sharks Won 5-2. The Habs haven't won in San Jose since 1999, 20 years ago. Hopefully Price is perfect tonight against the Ducks. At least Columbus lost last night to Pittsburgh and Habs are still 2 points ahead of them and hang on to last Wild card Spot, by a Thread.

Montreal did what they do in California, Lose.
But credit to them they just didn't lose, they lost badly.
They get 4 days to think and watch 3 other teams play games in hand.
1 two points behind, plays twice, 1 Tied plays 2 games and 1 2 points ahead plays 1.
Sad players thought because it was the woeful Ducks they didn't have to play.
They lost and were embarrassed in the process, hopefully this wakes them up.

Ohtobbad;n28974 said:
Montreal did what they do in California, Lose.
But credit to them they just didn't lose, they lost badly.
They get 4 days to think and watch 3 other teams play games in hand.
1 two points behind, plays twice, 1 Tied plays 2 games and 1 2 points ahead plays 1.
Sad players thought because it was the woeful Ducks they didn't have to play.
They lost and were embarrassed in the process, hopefully this wakes them up.

The only difference this time compared to the last 10 road trips is that they didn't lose all 3. They lost 2 out of 3, so technically they are improving. :rofl

Flyers Won last night and are only 3 points behind the Habs who are first team out of Wild Card. Lightning beat the Leafs last night leaving Leafs 3 Points behind the Bruins.

Habs recalled Charlie Lindgrin from Laval Rocket, so maybe they are done with Niemi.

Red Wings are in Montreal tonight, then the Habs play the Islanders in New York Thursday, then they play the Black Hawks in Montreal Saturday.

Habs better start winning or they will miss Playoffs for the second year in a row. :mad:

Congratulations to Carey Price For the win and over taking Jacque Plant
As the winningest Goalie in Montreals History.
He needed to get the win with several spectacular saves as the Canadians
played another lack lustre game. Much needed 2 points.
I hope they sharpen up quick as it doesn't get easier.

67 AGAIN;n29109 said:
Yup! And Columbus the following game...
I should have kept quiet.

they are playing good and will be tough in the playoffs.
no one will want to see them in first round.

Habs Islanders game last night was a fast paced game, scoreless at the end of first, then 1-1 at end of second. Lee got the winning goal for the Islanders with less than than 3 mins to go.

Habs play Black Hawks Saturday and Flyers next Tuesday, they gotta win those 2.

Habs took 1/2 the 1st to get into game, played a good 2nd.
3rd was bad and the give away for the winning goal was brutal.
Petry looked like he never played defence, didn't give Price a chance.
If they plan on post season, playing like this won't get them there.
Everyone is turning it up a notch, can the Canadians?

Back