2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Canuck166;n14596 said:
Hard to go against the Caps in the East. Hate saying that because it would be amazing to see the Leafs go to round two but I gotta stick with that pick.

I will ill go with the Hawks in the West. Love to see Calgary or Edmonton make it....especially the Oilers.

The two easy picks lol. Hawks in 7 to win the cup.

Well there goes my prediction. Nashville in 4? Who woulda thunk it?

Some Line up changes for Habs tonight.

Shaw is out with an upper body injury. Brian Flynn takes his place McCarron is in and Mitchel is out. Beaulieu also out replaced by Davidson.

Go Habs Go ! Do or Die.

Last edited:
If Montreal plays like last game they will be golfing on Monday.
Its a 60 minute game, take a shift off and they will make you pay.
Simple really, I hope they can play a full game.

GHG

Montreal's poor performance in playoffs leaves more questions than answers.
Many of the players brought in did not do what was hoped. did not produce.
more than a few of Montreal's top players were nonexistent.
Several had 1 or 2 good games, but not a good series.

MB built this team, whats his fate? I suspect none.
What does Montreal do now? Surely they can't think
they were close? I hope making the playoffs was not enough.

Last edited:
That was a very sad performance for sure. They could not consistently bring it for the whole game. There will be some soul searching over the next few weeks I am sure. Bergevin........? I agree he built the team and made some good and bad decisions in my opinion. But I guess we all do. That being said I do believe Molson will probably give him the Axe! But time will tell once the dust settles.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if he got the axe, I think Molson thinks he's the guy.
He built this team and it didn't work.
considering the amount of qualified available GM's right now. likely the best move.
This team is not good enough to go past first round, some serious decisions to be made,

Good article on the Habs Habs’ fatal flaw raises plenty of questions

Realistically MB should be gone, he believed that 2 top centres
old Plecks and Danault was good enough. He believe Gallager is a top winger
on most teams he would be 3rd liner, Galchenyuk went backwards this year.
His idea of a fix was a bunch of 4th liners, which for the most part did nothing.
Not even hit. Patches is a scorer, and couldn't score, he's not a leader and he doesn't play tough.

Montreal is going to have many questions and contracts coming due, last year for price??
I don't think they need a rebuild, but they need a re-tool. Can Markov play another year
like this year? SO many questions, biggest being is MB the guy to make the changes?

Well Montreal is done, soooo
I can hope for Ottawa to beat Boston.
Edmonton moved on, hope they do well.
I just can't cheer for Toronto, sorry can't do it LOL.

It's ok I can't cheer for the Habs so now I don't have to worry about it :)

On a personal note, nice to be able to say the Leafs lasted longer than the Habs this season.....even if it ends up being only 24 hours and one game. I will take what I can get after the last ten years of Leafs hockey haha.

The Habs in my opinion need to give it one more year. They have Price for another year and some decent D so right there is a good start. D and goaltending isn't an issue so just go with what you got and add if you get a deal you can't pass up. Patches isn't the kind of guy you rely on to score and bring you to the next level. He's a great hockey player no doubt but they gotta get a Stamkos, Crosby, McDavid type player that can go out and control a game (Tavares perhaps??). Add Patches and you got something started. So they are close in my opinion but need to go out and spend or trade to get that big time player then tinker a bit with line 1 and 2. Not an easy task. Add to that the team is in Canada but if the Habs wanna contend it needs to be done. They gotta suck it up and just fork over the cash or nothing will change. Add a few pieces here and there to bolster the 3rd and 4th line and see what happens. After this next coming season you got too many questions going forward. Resign Price? Don't know how you can let him go. Maybe even let it all go and do the Leafs thing....ground up??

I agree with everything in the part about the habs.
Not a rebuild, more a re-tool, they need to be honest about players they have,
who needs to go and stay and what rolls they will play.
Stop dreaming a 3rd liner will be a 1st, because its playoffs.

The note is why we don't really hate Leafs fans, we know they are just not that bright.
Leafs started a day later, its game 6, ahh last night was Habs game 6.
So to play longer they need to win tonight. Its ok Jason we understand. :)

Yeah many good pieces in Montreal they just need to build from there. Price is not going anywhere for now. I think they will re sign after the year but you never know. Going to be an interesting off season

Haha Jason I was thinking the same thing. Make it past tonight and then you can brag as I know you want to. Lol

Yep my bad on that. I follow the Habs so little that I didn't think they won 2 games haha. So yes they need tonight or its equal playoff time. Either way I will take it ?

Another OT but the Leafs just couldn't stand up to the best team in the NHL. Quite obvious that the D needs to get much better and scoring shouldn't be an issue. Great year for such a young team and great experience for all the rookies with the 6 playoff games.

So I guess it's cheering for the Sens and Oilers now lol.

All I have to say is Go Sens Go ! And Go Oilers Go !

Now that would be a Great Stanley Cup Match up to make up for last year. (And this year, for Habs, Leafs and Flames fans).

Wednesday 2nd round starts, Nashville in St. Louis and Edmonton in Anaheim.

Thursday, New York in Ottawa, and Pittsburgh in Washington.

And say what you want about the Leafs and Habs, both their series were full of one goal games and overtime.

I have higher hopes for the Leafs next year than the Habs. I followed every game of the Leafs Caps series as well as the Habs Rangers and the Leafs are looking Great. As far as the Habs, what else is there to say. :(

Back