2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
October 1, the NHL preseason games under way.
A new season, everyone is equal.
Who is going to do what this season?

It should be an interesting year. I am a dietary Canadians fan but It will be interesting to see how the season goes this year. Many teams made some changes in the off season including the Canadians. Looking forward to seeing some of our new players and how they gel with the team. Impressive play by Price and Weber in the Canada games. Glade to see price seems to be in top shape.

I too have high hopes for the Habs. I also hope that the Leafs continue to improve under Babcock. Not that I am a Leafs Fan but all of the Canadian Teams have to show Gary Bettman that Hockey is Canada's Sport.

It's preseason and only a few games in but Marner has looked good for the Leafs. Be nice to have him come in and quietly get used to the NHL play. You know Matthews will take all the attention which could be real good for the other young prospects in a media crazy city like Toronto

Also have to mention a post I read on Facebook from a Habs fan saying that the addition of Radulov and Weber makes them surely cup bound. I won't argue with anyone that both additions will benefit the team but it normally takes more than two guys added to a roster to have them go from out of the playoffs to the Stanley Cup. Especially since one of them hasn't played a full NHL season in 10 years. He's talented but how talented?? Weber is gonna be great in Montreal but he can't win it on his own lol

I second the motion !!!!!!!!

But it would be real sweet if they at least made it to the playoffs ?? Or as a matter of fact any other Canadian team ?? Last year's playoffs were nice to watch but hey we were missing the best part, Canadian pride !!!

I third that motion, but have been saying it for awhile now.
MB seems to think different, so could be another tough year.

The Habs won't be winning the Cup anytime soon. But it would be nice if they could finish the regular season in the top ten Points wise and at least make it through the second round.

Habs vs Leafs in Pre Season Action tonight. Game starts at 8 Atlantic Time.

This Guy was perfect during the WC in all 5 games.

0560857001470160660_filepicker.jpg

b1a97f314777c911542ced608e56bb42.jpg

I watched 2 periods of the game, on the "Leafs" sports network.
Refs were giving Montreal penalties like it was halloween candy.

I thought Habs did ok, considering they only had about 5-6 regulars in the lineup.
Was fun watching some f the young guys.

Habs beat the Bruins 4-3 last night. The Habs have one 3 out of 6 pre season games. Better than winning every game for the first 2 months and falling to the bottom like they did last year. Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Records don't mean squat to me in the pre-season. It's all about the rookies and setting lines seeing what kinda chemistry you are gonna get. Ducks haven't won a game yet and you know that will change lol

Leaf fans don't care about preseason when they lose, but when they win,
they start planning the parade LOL.

Watched Some of leafs Habs game, you would not know another team but Toronto
was on the Ice, the mentioned Austin Matthews about 60-70 times.
He's a talent for sure, but there are few other young and and exciting guys on both teams.

CBC on Sat night is known for it, but I guess Sportsnet will be the same this year.
Going to be painful when leafs play to watch games with such bias commentary.

Yeah I find it very frustrating when the announcers are more for a team then another. You can hear it in their voices and when they announce a goal it is different. It is like that for a lot of teams I find.

I watch all the Canadians games in French. They talk about the Habs on RDS and TVA Sports. And I don't have to listen to Don Cherry or George Strombolopoulis .

Back