2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Hard to go against the Caps in the East. Hate saying that because it would be amazing to see the Leafs go to round two but I gotta stick with that pick.

I will ill go with the Hawks in the West. Love to see Calgary or Edmonton make it....especially the Oilers.

The two easy picks lol. Hawks in 7 to win the cup.

Pittsburg or Caps out of east. and Hawks in west.

Would love to see the haps go all the way.
But after tonight, makes me wonder if they can get out of firsts.

First period, they played great despite the goal. After that it was not good.
Solid defence, Price played great, if not for him, it would have been ugly.
Lots of soul searching needs to happen for most of the forwards.
Poor, poor performance 2nd and 3 rd.

As usual take the regular season and throw it out the window. Both Bruins and Rangers went winless against their opponents in he regular season and have a 1-0 lead. Flipped between all 3 early east games and the Sens game surprised me the most. Ottawa forgot the game was 3 periods because the first 2 they owned the Bruins . Every time I flipped to the Habs game, the King was making a huge save lol. Not the first time the Canadiens have had issues with scoring. I was surprised they didn't go out and get a big offensive guy at the deadline. Maybe they just couldn't get someone to play north of the border? Markov was a tool at the end of the game and might get a game or two for the spear. Pens owned the Jackets. Maata and Malkin returned and Kessel finally remembered how to score. Pens will be tough now that some guys are healthy. Murray got hurt but booohooo they had to play the backup Fleury lol.

The haps had 59 hits in the game, season average was 23.
Funny thing it wasn't the big guys they brought in doing the hitting.
this is not the time to reinvent the wheel. Power play sucks,
maybe they should try just playing the 1st and 2nd line can't be worse.

Interesting game one. Didn't end the way I would have liked but the Leafs held their own. Andersen was great and the kids played tough but seemed to have no gas left for OT. Not bad for a group that most didn't even think would come close to winning a game. See what happens on a Saturday night

To bad they weren't as good as the guys calling the game thought they were.
You would be booking parade tickets. I thought the guys who called Montreals regular
season games were bad, these guys were unreal. good game.

Believe it or not first leaf game I watch in years. Well sort of. Went to bed at the end of the 3rd. Gotta give them credit...then made the Caps work for it.

Habs come on hard in 3rd and with 17 seconds left tie it up. Also with strong over time get the win
Tying the series, which heads back to NY for Sunday night. Next part, you will only get if you watched.
The refs were brutal, IMO losing the game on 2 occasions, then they start calling petty stuff, far to
little to late. I know Montreal's power play sucks, but they should have had at least 5-6 more, thats only for the
nasty stuff.

Oiler win to tie the series.

Blue's wins again.

Pens take 2-0 series lead.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely some good intensity last night. Nice to see some of the players that were idle a bit in game one come to the forefront. Great game to watch. OT did not disappoint.

As for the refs, when I commented on it towards the end of the game on Facebook my nefwew summed it up with a great image. Lol. Go Habs Go!

Attachments

• photo1469.jpg
    photo1469.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
Habs with nice road win to take 2-1 series lead.

Leafs going tonight at home tied 1-1.

Ottawa - Boston tied 1-1. game 3 tonight.

Pens take 3 - 0 lead over jackets, didn't think that would happen.

Oilers with 2-1 series lead.

Chicago down 2 against Nashville, didn't see that coming. game 3 tonight in Nashville.

Wild down ny 3 against St Louis, who-da think it.

Flames down 2-0, returning home tonight.

If your a hockey fan, no shortage of story lines.

Makes for good hockey, wish the reffing was better in every game I watched
its lop-sided, then they try and fix it later in game, I think most agree, just be consistent.

Surprised to see the Flames go out 4 straight. They are in desperate need of a number 1 goalie and with both of their goalies going to unrestricted, I can see them pulling the trigger this summer on one. I would go with M.A. Fleury if I were them. Still a young guy and proven as a number 1.

Oilers will prove tonight what they are made of. 7-0 blowout is hard to take but you gotta forget about it and win 2 more. Tied at 2 so they are still very much alive and a good young team.

Speaking of young teams, my Leafs played pretty crappy last night. The 5-4 close score was not a reflection as to how I saw it. 4-1 lead at the end of the first for the Caps, couldn't score on a 5 on 3 powerplay, played a good portion of the game in their own end, goal that made it 5-3 was a 1 on 4 and somehow they managed to cough it up. All that being said, they scored with 26 seconds left to come within a goal....amazing really. Holtby hasn't really been sharp in my opinion. To have 4 one goal games (as of now) is far better than I thought going into the playoffs. Tied at 2 so still anyone's ball game.

Bruins can't score and I'm ok with that. Hopefully the Sens can take it next game back home.

Canadiens?? Do you really want me to tell you what I want to happen in the series? Considering 98% of you are Habs fans I will leave that one alone and let you guys talk about it ;)

Habs will win tonight, taking a 3-2 lead in series :)

Will the hawks win one? WOW no one seen that coming.

Can pens end it tonight?

Watching the leafs lose last night was enjoyable, even though I would like to see
Canadian teams win LOL. Leafs did not help fans blood pressure last night,
with roller coaster game. Next game could determine the series.
Getting down to it, in the first round. woohoo great hockey.

Well Looks like I was wrong. Montreal played great for first half of game.
And decided maybe golf would be more fun 2nd half of game.
Was hard to watch 3rd. and overtime.

Oliers wanna keep playing, taking 3-2 lead in series.

Pens close out Columbus to move to 2nd rd.

Nashville sweeps Hawks to go to 2nd round, Hawks had 3 goals in 4 game.

Back