2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Habs win in OT.
Really like the way they are playing, everyone is working hard.
Looking good heading into playoffs.

Leafs win last game at the Joe.

Getting closer everyday.

Leafs looking good heading into the last week. Won't catch the Habs but now tied with the Sens. Looking more like the Leafs and Bruins getting into the show but anything can happen in the last few games.

Yeah I watched the whole game last night. Very good chances on both ends. The goaltenders put on a great show. Leafs are a little closer as well. Hopefully they make the cut. Boston well they can go play golf.

time of year, can't take the foot off the gas, go in rolling is always the best way.
Habs might be in, but I liked the way they played last night, playoff style hockey.

Tough day in the Atlantic.

Sens say D Cici, D Methot and F Smith are all gone for the rest of the regular season. D Karlsson is listed as day to day

Habs lose D Weber for at least two games and is expected to head back to Montreal for evaluation.

Tampa is now saying Stamkos won't be back for the rest of the regular season. There was talk of him returning but now they've changed their tune.

No NHL players in the 2018 Olympics. Think this is a terrible decision by Bettman but it isn't his first and won't be his last. Hockey is what I really look forward to during the Winter Olympics. Without the NHL being involved I will probably just keep an eye on it rather than watch.

yes I think it sucks, watching the worlds best compete for their respective
Countries was always cool and the best hockey you can watch.

Be interesting to see who if any players go anyway. Ovichkin
comes to mind, bet he's not the only one.

The crew on the sports channels were talking about that tonight and think that the NHL will probably put some sort of rule(s) on players going. Comes at a crucial time of year no matter what league they get the players from. No NHL shutdown means most teams won't want their stars to go

I saw that NBC has payed 900 Million for 2018 TV Rights. Hockey and Figure Skating are 2 Top Watched Sports. There will be some pressure by them on NHL to change their mind. I hope they do.

likely right, but teams want to keep stars also. becomes quite interesting.
I wonder if players or NHLPA start to put clauses in future contracts.

Yeah I wish they would reverse that Olympic decision. Always great hockey to watch. Should be interesting how this all plays out.

Watched the first 2 periods. Looks like it really opened up in the 3 Rd. The goalies made some really good saves in the first 2. The Montreal one was a call up from the ice caps.

Habs are only team that has clinched their Division. Toronto is back in 2nd place in Atlantic and Ottawa is in 3rd. Boston has Wild Card Spot. Only 1 point separates Toronto, Ottawa and Boston. Habs are 5th overall in League Standings.

TrueBlue02058;n14356 said:
Habs are only team that has clinched their Division. Toronto is back in 2nd place in Atlantic and Ottawa is in 3rd. Boston has Wild Card Spot. Only 1 point separates Toronto, Ottawa and Boston. Habs are 5th overall in League Standings.

Chicago had clinched already. And they have the conference title.

Backlash is coming from the NHLPA and players against the NHL for pulling out of the Olympics.
As a huge hockey fan, I love watching the NHL and my team. BUT I can't wait for the world juniors and
the Olympics. It is the best on best of the world. So I had to think about it from my perspective.
I think the players should go, I believe the game is bigger than the NHL.
I want the best Canadian players to go, if that means my teams suffers, so be it.
During the Olympics I will be supporting Canada, more than my Habs.

Yes Chicago clinched a few weeks ago and are leading their Division. But when I checked the standings yesterday, only Montreal had a Y besides their name. Y meaning they are clinched as Division Champions. I checked the entire League standings and it was the only Team with a Y next to name. I see they have it now, must have played a later game.

And and on top of that, Toronto is right behind the Habs in their Division. How Cool is that ?

Ottawa Boston and Toronto are still fighting it out. Ottawa in 2nd with 94 points, Boston is in 3rd with 94 points and clinched,(won their last 6), and by losing last night, Toronto slipped into Wild card Spot with 93 points. Lightning and Islanders are 5 points behind Toronto. Lightning have 3 games left to play, and would have to win all 3, to pass Toronto who have only 2 games left to play. Tampa Bay and Toronto face off Saturday Night. Must win for TO. If Toronto wins one of their 3 remaining games, they are safe. Islanders have only 2 games left to play and are done.

Back