2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Filters are cheap and I change the often, fluids are also cheap, I change that often as well.

Long winter of driving you crazy LOL. find the problem and fix in spring IMO.
Don't worry, winter will be just time to cool down before I put a match in the car...

I just feel it’s a good idea to change the fuel filter every once in a while.
Especially where you suspected taking a full tank of bad fuel.
I change mine every 5 years, along with the plugs.
For the records, again, fuel filter is now 3 weeks old, plugs were 3 weeks old as well but had to go as it wouldn't start as they were fouled. My local dealer could not help me source the first fuel filter (back ordered, no ETA) and I have a spare one on hand, but as I say, the one in the car is 3 weeks old and currently, frankly, I just feel it's the car that is a piece of junk, not really that much the fuel.

What is annoying right now, it's that what it does, both tuner and mechanic are scratching their heads. And frankly right now the resale value is stopping me from putting a match to the car.
Last night, was going to head out and get a datalog done for my tuner, so he can see what is going on with the car while I drive. "/$"%?$/!! check engine light came on just 3 kilometre from the house. AWESOME! Here are the codes (remember, never threw a code since I got it out of the shop with the misfire last week):
- P0600 - PCM loosing connection to multiple controllers at once
- P1450 - Inability of Evaporative Emission Control System to bleed fuel tank
- P2105 - Seems to be a generic code meant to have us look for other codes (sweet, got a bunch! :D )
- U0300 - Internal Control Module software incompatibility

Disclaimer: all descriptions above are piece mealed from Google *** You all know I am no mechanic.

What's worst? The damned thing drove exactly the same through the check engine and all these codes as it did whole last week and seconds before (yup, WOT pulls and all....)

Truth is, I am pissed, tired of the car to the point I cannot even look at it anymore. It's going in storage this weekend. I don't have any energy nor money left to throw at it above the $2k it just costed last week. Would really like to do injectors and STH (LT out of question for noise purposes here) and new cats, but what if, even if I got the cash now, what if all of that is installed and there's still something else? Seeing PCM codes being spitted out do not put my spirit up. I'm done, for the season, hopefully only the season.

Sorry to hear that Max.

And, I must have missed that your filter was new, or obviously forgot about it if I knew.
Didn’t mean to get under your skin about that.

Positive thoughts for you there.
Don’t worry, you didn’t get under my skin :) this car is getting so stressful and annoying that’s it that got under my skin. Any thoughts helps, just would like the car to be a little clearer on what is wrong so something can be done to fix, not just throwing parts to her (parts that for now all sound expensive). Symptoms and CEL gives all over the place thoughts and potential diagnosis for now for me to track em all down.

I feel storage will help me get rid of the urge to put it on fire. :)

She’s gone to sleep. Not even a picture. Will take the winter to hunt down possible causes. One of the codes may point to also a faulty throttle body. Lots of homework ahead of me.

- evap system
- cat possible blocage
- faulty throttle body
- leak elsewhere in the vacuum system
- contamination of the fuel delivery system (injectors, filter, etc.)
- ????

Again, the symptoms:
- misfire/hesitation/sluggishness @ idle
- misfire/hesitation/sluggishness @ little to no load (high vac situation?)
- misfire/hesitation DO NOT appear at mid/high throttle or WOT situation (hence my hesitation on the fuel filter and bad fuel all over now)
- codes P0600, P1450, P2105, U0300.
- car does not feel hurt at mid/high load or WOT situations
- kind of smell like burnt matches at the back (may be fouled cats BUT may also point to normally running cats). Reminder to all she likely sent raw unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Lots of reading for me in the winter months

She’s gone to sleep. Not even a picture. Will take the winter to hunt down possible causes. One of the codes may point to also a faulty throttle body. Lots of homework ahead of me.

- evap system
- cat possible blocage
- faulty throttle body
- leak elsewhere in the vacuum system
- contamination of the fuel delivery system (injectors, filter, etc.)
- ????

Again, the symptoms:
- misfire/hesitation/sluggishness @ idle
- misfire/hesitation/sluggishness @ little to no load (high vac situation?)
- misfire/hesitation DO NOT appear at mid/high throttle or WOT situation (hence my hesitation on the fuel filter and bad fuel all over now)
- codes P0600, P1450, P2105, U0300.
- car does not feel hurt at mid/high load or WOT situations
- kind of smell like burnt matches at the back (may be fouled cats BUT may also point to normally running cats). Reminder to all she likely sent raw unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Lots of reading for me in the winter months
Let me know if you need a throttle body, I’ve got a spare stock one off my 06

05-06 models had issues with throttle bodies.
The sensor inside them read wrong.
Happened to me on my 05, but car just went into limp mode when the trouble arose.
Should be corrected by 07.
Replaced TB corrected everything.
My 06 never did this because FR throttle body early on.

05-06 models had issues with throttle bodies.
The sensor inside them read wrong.
Happened to me on my 05, but car just went into limp mode when the trouble arose.
Should be corrected by 07.
Replaced TB corrected everything.
My 06 never did this because FR throttle body early on.

As far as I know my old throttle body doesn’t have any issues, I just decided to put a GT500 one on.

I was not trying to interfere.
And it was as not all of them.
There was no warning that something was up.
It just happened suddenly.
But after first episode it did not go away.
Ford hotline had info on it at the time.
Required new sensor in TB.
But if you ordered TB, new sensor was included. That’s what I did.
They kept old one as Core return.
By 2007 was corrected fully.

Think of it, I also have the TB from my 06.

I was not trying to interfere.
And it was as not all of them.
There was no warning that something was up.
It just happened suddenly.
But after first episode it did not go away.
Ford hotline had info on it at the time.
Required new sensor in TB.
But if you ordered TB, new sensor was included. That’s what I did.
They kept old one as Core return.
By 2007 was corrected fully.

Think of it, I also have the TB from my 06.
So we can supply him with a couple of throttle bodies to try and one should work ?

Upside to the era Mustang, is thousands of them around, many modded.
Getting info, parts should be easy. Don't be afraid to ask for a 2nd opinion
in a case like this, someone who knows these cars will be invaluable.
Good mechanic is one thing, but Mustang mechanic could save you a ton of
time and money. This is where a tuner like Pete is worth is weight in gold.
Pure Mustang guy.

Lots of reading and research will surely help get you in right direction,
throwing parts$$$ often is not required and only costs $$$$

in a case like this, someone who knows these cars will be invaluable.
Good mechanic is one thing, but Mustang mechanic could save you a ton of
time and money.

Lots of reading and research will surely help get you in right direction,
throwing parts$$$ often is not required and only costs $$$$
For now, it is research time, but i agree 100% with the above statement. There’s a huge mustang mechanic nearby moncton that I’ll contact and scan if he’s interested in helping me in the spring. ?

Back