2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Picked up the car Wednesday night and I got to say, the watts link does change the car's handling in a very good way! At the same time I've made him set the sway bar to the mid-setting instead of my full stiff setting I had prior to this upgrade.
3.73 gears have been installed, along with all new bearings and clutch pack. THIS FEELS AMAZING! I never realized how much play I had in the rear end prior to leaving the Mechanic's place with the car that night. Feels crispier. The gear change makes it go better off the line as well. Not a dramatic change mind you, not being a big jump between 3.55 and 3.73, but the change I was looking for. For now, driving impressions are very good and don't hear anything out of my rear end. All good for me :)

Now the beauty shot (well, if you're into undersides & bars :) )

IMG_5176[1].JPG

The Stang is currently out of commission being checked on tomorrow by my trusted mechanic.
Long story short, went for a breakfast with another couple in Fredericton, taking this opportunity to take the scenic/backroad route through Fundy/Sussex. On the way back with only a needle thickness above the quarter, we pulled into a gas station in Berwick. As anyone, never pulling to a no name gas station but was still back country. It was SUPPOSED to be ‘’supreme’’ fuel, but ended up being far from it. From there on a small stretch of highway to hit the back roads to Fundy again, the car started to stutter without load, going up a hill it worsened. By the time i reached the exit to Anagance where i had to call it quits, i could not accelerate normally nor could i hit 80km/h.
Left her there to get the jetta and meet the tow truck she wouldn’t even keep idle. TO NOTE, the car was running perfectly fine with the Shell gas tank from the morning. That is why i chalk it immediately to more than subpar gasoline.

Here’s two pictures, the one i posted on Instagram/Facebook, the other some have seen via text. You can see fuel oozing out directly at the tail pipe and oh, that was chromed finished and freshly polished that morning btw.
I’ll keep posted on the status once i know more on it during the week. Really Am crossing my fingers that it will be a simple case of drain the shit, fill with right stuff, start her back and purge back to normal ?

FF9E2073-CA01-4329-933F-D5DDD98C40FD.jpegDCEC9751-DD3A-4FBA-8793-1D79D702ABE8.jpeg

I'll throw in my $.02..... I had a similar experience after filling up one time in the US way back in the late 80's. Loss of power under load, surging etc. Friend of mine suggested it was water in the gas, and told me to dump a bottle of gas line antifreeze into the tank. Figured that for the 99 cents, it was worth a shot, and I'll be damned if it didn't work. Forever after, it was known as " the 99 cent tune up."

Not saying this is the case here, but its worth a try ???

Either way, it's a sickening feeling when it happens, best of luck for a simple solution that gets you back under power.

Still at the mechanic as of now. Been able to source out a new fuel filter from Kent Motors Bouctouche (I don't know why, it's been 3 separate occasions since my friend left Taylor Ford's parts department that I'm going there and they aren't even able to help me. This morning I got the ''They are back ordered with no ETA'' to which I replied ''Is there any stock in any other dealers around? and the response was ''Nope, none at any dealer nearby.'' I FOUND ONE MYSELF IN BOUCTOUCHE FFS!!! Anyways.... moving on.

The gas line antifreeze did struck my mind but keep in mind the car is already at the mechanic and at time point drained completely. It could have worked, I agree with you all, but never got the chance to get a bottle in hand and the car acting up at the same time.

For the small updates I've got up to now (4:25PM), he got the code P0642 out of the pcm this morning. Reference voltage ''A'' circuit low voltage. On the 5V loop in question, there's several sensors, to which only one measured 0V, the Fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor. This afternoon was further diagnostic time. I am hoping for the sensor only to be defective (don't know if there's stock of that anywhere but...) or something up along the line of the wiring up to the sensor or on the same loop causing the 0V reading. Crossing my fingers it's not the PCM that's bad, that'll could be really expensive.

So with the above, is it the bad fuel? Not 100% sure as I was. BUT I have to say, it's a big damned coincidence that the wiring, sensor or ECU is letting go immediately after I've gotten out of that gas station. This would make me one of the un-luckiest person existing? At this point, better laugh than cry. More updates to come. In the meantime, if anybody battled P0642 + 0V fuel rail pressure and temperature sensor issues, don't be scared to hit me up, you might know something me and my mechanic don't know/don't think about.

Quick update: 99% it is the pcm. My mechanic will do one last attempt (robbing 5V somewhere else to attempt to get the sensor to work permanently in the pcm’s eye), and if that doesn’t work, pcm it is….
wasn’t any bad fuel after all… (was bad, but obviously didn’t cause this). Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

Allrighty. PCM it is. Brand new Ford part is a couple of dollars above a grand BUT, after 10 years, Ford don't stock nor produce them from information provided at my trusted dealer, and a quick search from them rendered no stock in the whole province. Sooooo here I am scouting junkyards to get a new (old) one. Got the two part numbers that can mate to my car and I am now on the hunt for this.

Other than Bastarache in Shediac, would there be any other good junkyard to scour through in NB? Being a critical part of the car as the PCM is, I think anyone can understand I'm trying to get as good a part I can get off the used market. If all else fails in NB, I probably will resort to Quebec/Ontario and if that fails, well there's one or two really big Mustang specific junkyards south of the border a phone call away.

I will obviously have to contact my tuner and also have the tune revised for the new PCM as it will likely not be the exact same strategy code and all (I can be lucky, but don't think THAT lucky). So that's another thing adding to this whole matter. Having a trip scheduled tonight to my mechanic to detune the current computer so my X4 is un-mated and ready to tune the next one.

One of the only things that helps the mood now is remembering myself that it is still cheaper than one, two or maybe three months of brand new mustang payments....

Stay tuned I guess :unsure: :confused:

Max,
Well that sucks but at least you know. I have used Gautreau's in memramcook a few times for parts. Barely used on Shediac road. Also there is a place in st john I got a few parts for my sons fusion they were pretty decently priced. A lot of auto.

What about the u pick place up on McLaughlin road?

Back