What did you do to your mustang today

I haven't been able to drive the car since the fall run.I had a misfire,replaced the coils and injectors along with the spark plugs.No difference.Fuel pressure and vacuum seemed good and cylinders were all above 150 psi.Since it is now up on jack stands for the winter I decided to start pulling the wiring out and checking all the connectors.When I got to the front of the engine I found the wires leading to the coils had rubbed on the fan belt wearing a hole in the harness and cutting the wire in half going to the misfiring cylinder.I should have a good working car next year after an alignment and a rear pinion seal.

I haven't been able to drive the car since the fall run.I had a misfire,replaced the coils and injectors along with the spark plugs.No difference.Fuel pressure and vacuum seemed good and cylinders were all above 150 psi.Since it is now up on jack stands for the winter I decided to start pulling the wiring out and checking all the connectors.When I got to the front of the engine I found the wires leading to the coils had rubbed on the fan belt wearing a hole in the harness and cutting the wire in half going to the misfiring cylinder.I should have a good working car next year after an alignment and a rear pinion seal.
Good detective work Dave.. the bonus is you now have new coils , injectors, and plugs.

Last edited:
191D19CC-8385-406F-8140-98DC921D27A5.jpegSealight is the brand - I’ve used some of the smaller Led they make with good luck in marker lights etc. I got these as a Christmas gift - I hope they actually project a bit, many LED are bright to look at but don’t seen to carry far. It will be dark enough to do a - “out the garage door “look after supper for a first impression.
I had to index them - easy to do - remove a couple of screws and rotate the bulb in the housing so LED were at 3 and 9 O’clock when installed .
even came with white gloves to handle the bulbs !

View attachment 51128Sealight is the brand - I’ve used some of the smaller Led they make with good luck in marker lights etc. I got these as a Christmas gift - I hope they actually project a bit, many LED are bright to look at but don’t seen to carry far. It will be dark enough to do a - “out the garage door “look after supper for a first impression.
I had to index them - easy to do - remove a couple of screws and rotate the bulb in the housing so LED were at 3 and 9 O’clock when installed .
even came with white gloves to handle the bulbs !
Good luck, I've tried a few LEDs in my 05. Look good at close distances , but they fade to black quick. Ended up going back to Piaa. Best long light I've been able to find. Did a lot of online searching about 5 years ago and ended up finding out that OEM housings just don't work with led. Rich has the ones that I wanted to get as they are projection housings and should work better with Led ..
Hopefully LEDs changed a bit over the years and they work well for you .

Last edited:
Back