What did you do to your mustang today

Why is it called double X?

There's two sections where the pipes are joined apparently, so it's literally a double X.

I didn't get a pic of the actual piece, but Google helped me out.

The more time I get this with mod, the more I'm liking it, don't think I'll be putting the resonators back on.

Now I'm wondering about putting in a straight pipe and replacing the resonator on the truck. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
xpc2_1.5105.jpg

Well after my trials and tribulations on the Saturday run I picked up a new battery today for the stang. Went with an Interstate after all. It was charged up first of the month they said I did not need to charge it again. Hooked it up and it turned the car over like a champ. Long overdue I guess.
3E551B75-5DB4-4435-860A-EF2262C7A39E.jpeg

Well, they say you learn something new every day.

Got a pop up message on the dash telling me to "Service Tire Mobility Kit".

Turns out the goop/foam that seals the tire puncture has an expiry date.

There are two stock codes, one for the whole kit and one for the tire goop, not sure how to pull the thing apart to replace the goop canister, as it looks like a sealed unit.

Guess I should give my parts guy a call for starters and go from there.

Anybody else changed out theirs ??

IMG_2386.jpeg
IMG_2387.jpeg

Nope not changed here.
Just reset it for another 4 years and forget it. ? Lol
You’ll try everything other than using it anyway.

That black plastic cover on the back comes off and you’ll have access to the canister.
Unclip and re-clip the hose.

Did you know the compressor can be used solo to pump air only, or turn valve on and goop goes in with air.

Last edited:
Thanks Marc, I'm inclined to agree with you, hopefully I'm never in the position to have to use it.

I routinely check my tire pressures, just because it's so easy with indications on all four tires on the display.

I didn't really poke around too much to figure out how the back cover comes off, so the info about removal is a help if I ever replace it.

The message hasn't come back, but I did find the screen in the menu to reset for another four years if it comes back and doesn't go away.

Mine has not warned me yet :oops: To be honest never thought about it.
I have a couple used tires as these are not replaced quickly, as I found out
a few years ago when I melted that fronts at the track.

Flat tire is a real scare as I figure its a flat bed home depending on where I am :(

I have seen on other forums that some guys have played around with trying to configure a full sized spare.

Between caliper clearance, different wheel widths and different offsets, its a bit of a pain in the ass.

Flat bed home is a pricey proposition, but necessary if required, and I agree, the better option.

I did get a chuckle on the compressor package though....in Step 6, there's green box around keeping an eye on the tire and driving to a mechanic, as opposed to the red square which frowns upon calling a tow truck. lol

That’s probably because there is not much to hook on to on those cars and an inexperienced or inattentive tow truck operator could cause more damage than using the foam.

Best and preferred hook points would be from the front, using 2 hooks, with cinch block in middle to spread load, to 2 holes on lower side of K member.

Hooking from rear not advised.
But if one must, only place I can think of to hook is the IRS cradle has a few holes to hook to.

Don’t hook any of the suspension components, front or rear.
Damage will surely result.

These same points can be used to secure on a trailer for hauling.
Or strap on to wheels.
If strapping onto wheels, watch angles and tension on strap.
Ratchet strap on wheels can place high torque on suspension components.
This could also cause damage or at the least, affect alignment.
Front and rear alignment on S550 is kind of delicate, especially rear.
Rear tow link is very small from factory.
Advisable to upgrade to Ford Racing (PP) tow link.
I believe it’s the same on Shelbys and Machs.

Last edited:
My car was brought home on flat deck, local guy who is car crazy, should have video
of him loading it, took 1.5 hours to get it on fussy is understatement.
Side of road, not likely so lucky :)

Holy Jesus, I would never do a traditional tow, even if my truck was out of commission and needed a ride.

Years back, probably 2009 or so, I blew up the rear end in my '06 GT, ( thats another story for another day, but they were FRPP 4.10's) and I was 65 km from the dealership.

Called my service guy and he sent out a reputable flatbed to get me.... cost me $400, but they dropped me off at home on the way by lol.

They had some challenges getting the car onto the ramp because of the FRPP Handling Kit lowering the car.

Thankfully they had a few spare 2x10's to do the job.

No way in hell is a traditional tow happening.... I swear if I bought a car trailer it would pay for itself the first time I used it.

Hmmmmmmmmm. :LOL::unsure:

Last edited:
Ha, Ha!
I didn’t mean for anyone to do traditional tow.
I gave that info as attachment points for simply getting it onto the flat bed.
And yes, using 2X10’s and any and all other means available to assist the car getting on the deck.

Last edited:
Back