Shelby GT350R

One of the perks of owning a GT350, is some cool things that come with it.
One was the track tour, last spring, then I received owners supplement today form Ford Performance.
A few picks of some cool things.
IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG

print of original painting, that was done, originally 1 of 500,
I did not buy the painting but cool to get a print. IMG_3329.JPG
IMG_3330.JPG

this being one of the coolest items, a miniature flat plane crank :)
Also on the holder, has my chassis number. IMG_3331.JPG

Also a cool poster, some one of stuff and literature, also a DVD, I haven't had time to watch yet.
Also one more very cool thing left, just need to book it :)

Your car is so gorgeous, I'd probably be sleeping in it...

Great to see you've been getting some miles laid down. Pretty soon it will be all nicely broken in, and then you can really drive it !;)

Well, fluids are checked, checked tore on lug nuts, emptied everything out of it, cleaned glass.
Helimech came over help set up harrys lap time, with go pro, with OBD2link. we will see how that all works LOL.
Tire pressures are lowered to 28 from 35.
just need to load it only trailer and were ready for tomorrow :)

Ohtobbad;n6840 said:
Looks like tires will be here Wed. first to Michelin, then to Ford.
Hopefully get and have mounted and balanced same day.

I hope you ordered more than one set so you don't go into withdrawl when they wear out

Michelin was the Right Choice ! Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Streetable Track & Competition Front: 305/30ZR19 Sidewall Style: Blackwall Serv. Desc: (98Y) UTQG: 180 AA A 2 $435.05 Availability: In Stock How soon can I get this? See Shipping Cost Rear: 315/30ZR19 Sidewall Style: Blackwall Serv. Desc: (100Y) UTQG: 180 AA A

TrueBlue02058;n6879 said:
Michelin was the Right Choice ! Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Streetable Track & Competition Front: 305/30ZR19 Sidewall Style: Blackwall Serv. Desc: (98Y) UTQG: 180 AA A 2 $435.05 Availability: In Stock How soon can I get this? See Shipping Cost Rear: 315/30ZR19 Sidewall Style: Blackwall Serv. Desc: (100Y) UTQG: 180 AA A

Michelin makes a sport cup 2 tire and it is cheaper. ( a little)
For the gt350R they have built a spec tire specifically made for this car.
Compounds etc. When I check they are more. Also I didn't look but where did you get that quote?
If its tire rack, then US dollars plus shipping, duties and taxes, slightly over 1500 for fronts.
delivery 4-5 days. When I had 4 companies price and check for me.
2 sets of these in Canada at the moment. My fronts are coming from BC
The set of 4 I ordered are coming from Florida.
I will try and order in advance in the future :)

yes, the tires for car are a spec tire. Made for that car.
Actually its quite a storey. Major tire companies often work with major
car manufactures to make tires for cars and engineers work back and forth to create the tire.

For this car, Michelin and Ford engineers worked side by side and tested the car and tires together.
Very rare for a production car. Almost like racing teams.

TrueBlue02058;n6936 said:
Price is at Tire Rack US. Is the GT350 R Specific Michelin Sport Cup 2 Tire going to be called the "D" Cup ?

I checked tire rack they would have been about 100 more Approx. by the time I got them.

Back