Shelby GT350R

The Ford engineers did it right with this car, not much that isn't functional.
The front splitter/ underbelly pan, has 3 inlets forcing fresh air to the brakes, along
with a grill in front wheel wells to allow air in and the air out, the side vent is designed
to remove the hot air around front brakes. Also has 2 vents that bring air in, then forced out, to create
down force. The whole bottom of the car is designed moving air and to create down force or cooling.
The re-defuser is actually designed to be functional not just look good, by extracting air from car,
also has inlets to bring air in to create down force. Engine, transmission and diff coolers come
with all versions except base model.

The rear wing was actually wind tunnel and track tested for down force, where as most are thrown
on for looks and hopefully do something. Reading about the suspension geometry and they work Ford engineers
did is incredible. Many high end cars have issues after 20 minutes of hard track running, this car has run over an
hour with no issues, no brake fade, no heat soak, gotta love it :)

Ohtobbad;n1151 said:
Well I quiet Sunday morning, I rolled under the car and clean the bottom.
Then thought, might as well wax the bottom parts I could :)
I know no one can see it, but hey At least I know it was done.

With the underneath waxed, you'll gain 1 mph on the Top Speed. :p

Well it was 1c outside as car was warming up, there is no salt on road if you go left from my place, SOOOOOO
I couldn't resist, with wife barely dressed, we went for first drive :) only 5km and too cold for tires.
Also there is a 100 mile break period, so I was quite well behaved, all I can say is,
WOW, holy shit.
I am not sure if I made the wait worse, wife wanted to go for longer drive, she loves it :)

WOW, like a kid in a candy store. Look but don't touch! You have no self control, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give use more details of your first impressions. As limited as they may be on a short drive. I bet you are still smiling ear to ear.

thundr;n1708 said:
do you like what you see underneath?:D
Actually its quite cool, the engineers designed everything in the car to work.
Air is directed, channeled and moved to give it the most downforce possible.
the rear defuser is not just pretty, it works. the front end was redesigned several times
to move air for cooling and downforce. I like it.

thundr;n1709 said:
WOW, like a kid in a candy store. Look but don't touch! You have no self control, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give use more details of your first impressions. As limited as they may be on a short drive. I bet you are still smiling ear to ear.
Yes I will admit, it has been hard looking at it and not driving it. Ford has a 100 mile break in period for road use and a 1000 mile break in period
before it sees the track. So I behaved, that and the fact it was 0 to1c out. with the tires not getting warm, good idea not to get silly.
The clutch is very smooth and soft nothing like previous Mustangs. The steering has electronic assist and gives good feed back, but different
will take some getting use to. The difference in normal and sport is quite different, the dampening is quite noticeable. Brakes un real is all I can.
With the type and size of tires, there is alot of tramming, likely a little better with hot tires. View lines are better with the lower hood.
Last but not least, the sound is out of this world, I only went to 5000 rpm, but you can hear it, feel it, brings instant smile to your face.
I can't wait till you hear it at 8000.

I would baby the car regardless of break in period when the air temperature is below plus 15c. Your tires are designed for summer driving.

one thing that still blows me away is the size of the rear wing, you almost have to look at it from fender height.
its massive, Ford was said to wind tunnel test and track test it. It is not just for show, its creates a lot of down force.

Thinking this is the right helmet when racing my car, I am not sure if it would be approved, but everyone knows the force is with the GT350 :)
mXqcCYz.jpg

Warming up, for first drive. IMG_3099.JPG

Well its official, First drive of spring in new car.
Got a quick spin in before it rained and maybe snowed later.
Hard to explain this car, amazing, unreal, insane all come to mind.
Keep in mind, still in break in mode and only 7 out, soooo.

The car drives very easy, does like to tram with big front tires, but tried different settings
and makes a noticeable difference. The suspension is amazing smooth, handles bumps very well with magna ride.
the sound in incredible even at lower RPM's it likes to burble when you let off, makes you grin every time:)
The power is always there, even though they say car has low torq under 3500rpm you wouldn't know it by its response.
when you step on it, it goes, I only took it to 6500 and it just keeps pulling and at about 4000 it really starts to scream.
The car does not feel like 3650lbs, light and responsive in every aspect. The brakes are just plain incredible, you just stop and very quick.
Steering gives great feed back when going into a turn it just goes where its pointed and very well balanced.
shifter is short, direct and quick, very easy to shift. Clutch is very soft,
unlike other Mustangs it takes getting used to, but I really like it.
I only drove 60km and all it does is make you want to drive more, one thing that surprises me is just how comfortable the car is.
Even in sport mode and the tight recaro's its smooth and easy to drive. Its fun to drive even when going slower, but I will admit, I am going to have to be careful if I want to keep my Lic :)

Back