Road to buidling a 1990 Foxbody LX

1- stock (too bad they don't have much clearance)
2- 95 Cobra R (without the 00-style vents)
3- Stock lines with higher cowl (often have the same issues as the stock one since the cowl isn't wide enough and can cause interference at the TB area on stock/Windsor-based engine)

Not sure what the clearance is with the Coyote and aftermarket k-member.

Well the drama and games continue, after all the crap I wen through with body shops.
It begins again, I called new guy today and he is having major family issues and is
now 2 months or more out, after originally giving me time frame of 3 plus weeks.
I am not sure how I waited 3 weeks and now two plus months out.

DO none of these folks have phones? Anyway I am back to the drawing board looking for half decent
body / paint shop. Looks like another delay in the project :oops:

Well the drama and games continue, after all the crap I wen through with body shops.
It begins again, I called new guy today and he is having major family issues and is
now 2 months or more out, after originally giving me time frame of 3 plus weeks.
I am not sure how I waited 3 weeks and now two plus months out.

DO none of these folks have phones? Anyway I am back to the drawing board looking for half decent
body / paint shop. Looks like another delay in the project :oops:
Man that sucks big time.

Slow going, I am behind on my project, so I thought I would try and find a guy
to help out and did, well that fell through, so looked some more, thought I had another guy,
that fell through, :ROFLMAO: so back to drawing board.

I said screw it I will do it myself, and if behind then so be it :)
Last week worked 95 hours with house / neighbor issues,
like a few more of those ahead, but this week not so bad,
so I got a few hours in and hopefully few more this weekend.

I have come to find work is interfereing with my play time,
something I need to work on LOL.

Well as a few know I am a tad bit behind on my projects. including foxbody
But its been getting attention and I took car ealry in summer to get some stuff fixed,
body and stuff you don't see, well like many older cars, start digging is not always plan A as it produces
things one did not know were there. Well that said, extra work and more $$$ those issues fixed.

So back to moving forward, plan is to make progress and due to moving and not as much space as I would like
I have sourced a very reasonable place to pick away at fox body without interferaing with my work space.
All goes well everything will be in that space and all that is left is finding some time to work on it :unsure:

I might have been a little more ambitious when I siad it would be done in 2 years, buying the car in Febuary 2020
and someone said it would take 5 plus years( I said no way) hmmm maybe they were right lol.
I am finding work is getting in the the way of my play time, but considering that is what allows me play time
I can't stop doing one without giving up the other, unless of course I win the lottery :ROFLMAO:

Because I am me, I plan on getting alot done this year, but suspect odd hours and a little help here and there
which I have sourced :) Currently it is 100% stripped and now reday to be slowly put back together.
I have 90-95% of all the parts I need, others to beordered this weekend :)
I am sure the rising costs and the USD will make me cry that I did not buy some of this other stuff
1-2 years ago, like brake kits which were ordered this week.

I need hood, seats, belts, wheels and tires ( at some point)
New gauge cluster to work with coyote and headers.
Exhaust will likely be custom and drive shaft will need to be made to fit
once engine, transmission and rear end are installed.

Coming to end of work year, and hopefully not crazy winter nd I make some progress
I can dream :ROFLMAO: and maybe this is the car I am taking to Petes in the spring?

thinking I need a rear wing of some sort. Suggestions?
Seen this at carter creations, but looks just a tad to big, thoughts??
it is adjustable
View attachment 60321
View attachment 60322
I had bought one for mine in the late 90 s ,a cobra wing was a very nice one for 1992 lx coupe but never did put it on i have sold the car i needed a truck. And it was the worst thing i have done i should have kept it but . So cobra wing are nice wonder if still available.

Back