My 2 cents
Montreal fired Julian and Muller as
Montreal went through a serious slide.
IMO Julian should have been gone two years ago,
He is a great coach for a veteran team, but with Montreal's
youth movement, which started a couple of years ago
you could see this coming.

He like veterans and when things went sideways he played them more
in key situations and results typically got worse. Same moves gave him the same results.
I beleive they fired Muller because they wanted to give descharm the job and if Muller
was there by rights he should have got a shot, being english speaking only, would have been
tough, but if anyone could have pulled off English speaking coach in Montreal he could have,
sad to see him go.

Descharme, Not sure but he is great with young players and now and in next few years
the youth movement will continue, I figure the job is his atleast till end of year, lets see
what he does with it, tough with so many games in a row and not much practice time,
but I expect we will see some changes.

I don't think Montreal is a Stanley cup team at this point, But I beleive
they are a playoff team, which they are on brink of not being.
If they get to playoffs and get out of north, ( tough to do)
That puts them in final 4, anything can happen.
GHG
I think you are spot on with everything. Never liked Julian from the start. From what I see his attitude is always "Come on ref, why you picking on my team?". Descharme has some potential as he has done very well with the juniors. Too much money tied up in the 2 x 10,000,000 players. The rest of the team has shown they do have the skills but only in bursts with too many slumps. Maybe this is the motivation part which is needed. Still fun to watch if anything for the Gallagher antics. He should be the Captain as he always leads them by example.

Not Much being said on here, that says something considering.
Leafs are #1 and playing quite well. Hard to get any news in Canada on other 30 teams,
SportsNet ( toronto) and TSN the Toronto Sports network, beleive there is only one team.
That said they are at the top and have been playing well. Easy to say top in north.

We have a few Bostan fans here, hard to beleive they can drive and be Boston fans LOL, sorry
Had to take a shot, I miss Habs Boston games as they are a great rivalry. They are also
playing well and at top of league.

Tamp, Vegas, Colorado, Minnesota , Carolina, Florida and Islanders all having great years so far,
I expect standing will be different once games level out some.
Ottawa is not as bad as everone thought and will play anyone hard, wanna beat them, bring your A game.
Buffalo is hard to explain how they can be that bad, not sure where you begin there.

I have to say in the beginning I thought this North division would be cool to watch,
its getting old already, feels like you never play anyone, It would be cool to play Canadian teams
4-5 times but in a row is not fun to watch and gets old quick.

My Habs, rough Stretch, coaching change and they are still here, you can see the
changes starting to work and I beleive they can be a playoff team, they have a tough road
after a real bad 10 game stretch, in shorten season that is not good at all.
Let hope they can keep playing well and move up a little.
No easy games in the North. GHG

Not sure about that these days.
30 years ago maybe.
Bruins right back where they were last year before lockdown broke their momentum and chemistry.
Playoffs were wide open with fresh start for everyone.
Injuries and accumulated fatigue was no longer a factor once playoffs started.

With bubble divisions, we won’t really be able to tell who’s best until playoffs.

not much being said, ??
Montreal is in lockdown and still holding the 4th playoff spot.
Toronto in no longer the top team in NHL and in tight race to hold
on to top spot in North, nothing from leaf fans this week lol.

its close but unless one of top 4 goes on serious losing streak
should be those 4 in playoffs.
Few other teams followed here, Boston, what can I say
not to bright lol. things are tight and should be good playoff,
but not sure whos watching in summer :)

Yeah covid has put a few wrenches into teams playing right now. Hopefully it clears up soon.

I also don't mind watching the all Canadian since it is better then no hockey at all. Gets old really quick when they play the same team so many times In a row that's for sure.

I know I should not read sports pages, but its getting worse.
every week TSN posts thier version of power rankings,
I will admit it rarely makes any sense, but how do the leafs go
up 10 spots, while being 8th in standings after a couple of wins.

I know to the leafs its import, but they have a whole story on Austin Matthews hair
cut, how nutty of a fan do you need to be, to want to know this stuff.
I realize TSN and stands for Toronto sports network, but this is getting silly.

What makes it worse is they are normally better then Sportsnet LOL.
God help you if you like any other team or sport. Finding real sports news is
becoming every more challenging.

Try find real stories about racing or anything else:rolleyes:

I don’t know why you bother lol. I’m a Leafs fan and I don’t. Power rankings are useless and make no sense. Most of what they talk about is just complete garbage. All I care about is what they do on the ice and if they are going to make the playoffs. If a trade happens or an injury my phone will tell me. Don’t have to read a thing.

Strange team. Struggle against Ottawa and play well against Edmonton. Probably should have had 2 points against them last night but 3 on 3 with Connor and Leon can’t be fun lol. Oh then you add in Nurse. Anyway still on top of the Canadian division. All we need is top 4. Home ice advantage?? Not this year for Canadian teams anyway lol.

You can go nuts chasing meaningless and conspiracy inspiring stats. Like the one over the weekend that has Buffalo with the highest PP % in the league. No other team....or match up against the Sabres & we lose it on a hot mike comment. Look at foul ratios against the Raptors & wonder why they have 12 losses in the last 13. Most of the reason i only watch sports lightly and follow results the day after. Meaningless millionaires.....

I don’t know why you bother lol. I’m a Leafs fan and I don’t. Power rankings are useless and make no sense. Most of what they talk about is just complete garbage. All I care about is what they do on the ice and if they are going to make the playoffs. If a trade happens or an injury my phone will tell me. Don’t have to read a thing.

Strange team. Struggle against Ottawa and play well against Edmonton. Probably should have had 2 points against them last night but 3 on 3 with Connor and Leon can’t be fun lol. Oh then you add in Nurse. Anyway still on top of the Canadian division. All we need is top 4. Home ice advantage?? Not this year for Canadian teams anyway lol.
I watch the habs and odd other game, so I like to read sports to update.
I don't have time to watch all the other sports I follow.

Its why I try and bother. But TSN and sportsnet seem to be getting worse everyday.
a lot of fluff, endless meaningless stories and hard to get any real news,
when the main story is Matthews haircut LOL.

I understand you live on your phone, mine is for work and I spend most of my time driving,
so can't read alerts, I prefer to listen or read sports. after hours
and try and catch up, with only two main channels, I think there is a huge
opportunity for a real sports station. Odds are thats not happening.

Montreal is done their covid shutdown, and had there 5 days off,
so well rested, but the price to pay is 25 games in 43 days, insane
if all goes well they get to go to playoffs and slightly better schedule,
a game every 2 days lol. GHG

Back