New Bronco

So no mention of any non Ford Product on a Ford Thread ? Seems a Little “Rigid” ?

You need more Track Time Trevor ?
no, you can mention other brands, but if it takes over the conversation, should have its own thread.

Keep in mind, the bronco has not even been released yet. Hard to compare it to anything.
Reality and no secret Ford is aiming this directly at Jeep.
It is biggest market and they want the business.
It is suppose to be as or more capable and likely will have many
attributes the are very similar to the Jeep.

What I find amusing about most of it, is these things are not cheap and
how many will be off road? At least when they are new. Even most jeeps
don't see serious off road duty until they age.

Aliona's Ranger rover is far more capable than any jeep, but never going to see
us drive it in the woods lol.

Even going to have features that Jeep dosn’t have.
One is capability to lock inside rear wheel for sharp turns when off-roading.
Allows to pivot more sharply in tight spots.

I think only Toyota has that on one of their more off road products.

Ford's advertising agency caught just about every testosterone based advertising cliche' there is on that one.

The symphonic music almost drowned out the EB exhaust tone.

Almost. ;)

Don't think I'm a fan, but I'm not a fan of Jeeps either, no offence to anyone that owns one, or owns an EB for that matter.

Nice.
The nostalgia and idea behind it are all nice, but I too have to confess I’m not a fan of the Jeeps so I don’t think this will be for me.

Probably more an Edge ST next passenger vehicle to replace the Fusion Sport which I miss.
There’s always the F150 to get to dirty places if that becomes a requirement.

Nice.
The nostalgia and idea behind it are all nice, but I too have to confess I’m not a fan of the Jeeps so I don’t think this will be for me.

Probably more an Edge ST next passenger vehicle to replace the Fusion Sport which I miss.
There’s always the F150 to get to dirty places if that becomes a requirement.
We are interested, but will have to wait and see.
We had ordered edge sport, when they were very late
ended up with Range Rover Evogue
Wife really likes her SUV, but is curious about
Bronco, she likes the agressive look.

She would drive a Raptor :)
She is due for something, likely spring.

The aggressive look is a given and attractive to many people.
Biggest difference will be ride quality and handling.
Will not be car or CUV quality.
Will be truck grade and maybe rougher than F150 due to shorter wheelbase, and depending on trim and wheel-tire combo.
Might be nice around town but could make for long drive if travelling to Montreal, for example.
Don’t think it’ll be Range Rover quality.

I have a 2019 Edge SEL and while overall it is a good vehicle it has been in the shop twice for erratic shifting issues. Not smooth shifting within the frst four gears at all with the 8 speed auto. They tried a reprogram of the PCM but still nowhere near as smooth between automatic shifts as the 2013 F150 crew or the Mustang. The Edge is technically the winter beater and for famly trips and light cargo all year long. I am hoping the Bronco has the right mix to consider a change over from the Edge. Will know soon enough I guess. Not near a major city so the "other" brands are hard to consider for us. Hope the price is good of course. When I bought my 2008 Ranger it was a base price of $12,999. $20,000 configured with taxes in. How it is now $32,000 to start I cannot fathom. My pay check has not tripled to match since then.

The SUV and CUV and even truck has dramitically increased in
price over last few years. Even new ranger, be hard pressed to get much under 38-40
most SUV's well optioned are low 40's to 50's, getting nuts.

Only down side of one she has now, I know we don't want to own it, when things start
to break, it will be crazy expensive to fix, not that anything is cheap anymore.

Back