My 05

ED6D63A4-965D-40FD-93CA-F61B8405F777.jpeg
Just an update -Engine parts have been on order since Dec31, arrived on Friday. The Ford Racing front end /timing kit looks complete. ( even came with stickers lol) . I was hoping to have this job all done by now - likely be early May before I can take it apart as things are looking now. Time to collect just a few more parts and the fun begins .

Rims are heading out for refinish and a new set of shoes and then ready for spring !

Well - after contacting several rim refinish people I’ve decided that job will be on hold for this year! Seems like no one wants that type of work. Dents , major damage , broken or insurance work - sure, Detail work - no way.
I gave up and sent the rims out and got the new rubber mounted and balanced today, they might make it on the car tomorrow night or Saturday.
New shoes should last to turn the 300,000km and more I hope!

Thanks,
Yeah had bought it from my dad, kinda wish I had held on to it.
Sunk some dollars into it too like 410 gears, intake, exhaust and it was chipped (Not very common for a '93)... lol lol
Sorry Gerry kinda hijacked your spot here. ???
Now back to regular scheduled programming.............................

Thanks,
Yeah had bought it from my dad, kinda wish I had held on to it.
Sunk some dollars into it too like 410 gears, intake, exhaust and it was chipped (Not very common for a '93)... lol lol
Sorry Gerry kinda hijacked your spot here. ???
Now back to regular scheduled programming.............................
Great looking truck Roger - I know about that family connection -

Anyone have any experience with road force balancing ?
I'm chasing a vibration that the "garden variety tire shop balance" wont seem to cure . its right where you should drive ( 100- 110k ) depending on the road and who else is following you.
Any suggestions for good shops in the Metro area?

New Michelins -they have been balanced twice - got better , moved them around - better - but still not right.

Anyone have any experience with road force balancing ?
I'm chasing a vibration that the "garden variety tire shop balance" wont seem to cure . its right where you should drive ( 100- 110k ) depending on the road and who else is following you.
Any suggestions for good shops in the Metro area?

New Michelins -they have been balanced twice - got better , moved them around - better - but still not right.
I had put new rubber on the truck last year and had to go back 4 times before they made it right, same thing 100-120 had small but noticeable sound and vibration.

I changed tire shops on my last set of tires on the 01 because they couldn’t get the vibration between 80 and 90. The new shop removed the tires from the rims and started from scratch with regular wheel balancing and it went away. I went in there wanting road force and they suggested we try the regular balancing first.

Had mine mounted & road force balanced at King Kar Auto in Ch'town. Was expensive, as I recall but done right the first time. Balancer $30K investment for shops. My regular guy is sending most high end and newer customersto KKA, as wider and larger wheels are tricky to get right, but making the investment for fall tire season.

I've had to do road force balancing here as well on my last set of tires two years ago. I had a reminiscence of vibration between 120-135 range that they have been able to make go away.
I remember the tech actually coming back once done and confirming that in fact, at those speeds I had two tires not balanced optimally. Fixed it right out. If you find a good shop, it will most likely get yours out. Obviously cannot comment for a good shop around the metro area. Good luck and let us know!

During wheel balance found an axle seal leaking. Drained oil , pulled brakes, rear cover after removing Watts link, and removed axles. New seals are in axles back in. Still have housing to clean, then axle clips in and cover on. I need to get oil and friction modifier and that job will be done.

Back