My 05

It will be good to see how the changes made to the rear of the car feel . New lca’s (Steeda) new rear shocks (B6’s) the shorter bump stops I should have installed 8 years ago and the air adjustable rear spring rate. Now just need Mother Nature to come to the party.

The bump stops arrived - so time for comparison

4D67FF9E-248A-40A1-BB6D-A89838CCAA09.jpeg
But they are the same height ? Did I order and wait for the same parts I had ? Back to the web site - turns out that the new parts I ordered are made of a softer compound so they “squish” easier making the ride less harsh when you come down on the stops . All good.
D353D905-9E83-42F0-91A1-AD3C08C6B766.jpeg

I made some bracket to hold the individual air adjustment valves
DEF5C4AB-6887-41D9-A881-D88F0BC8A3BB.jpeg
Rear wheels back on - now need decent weather for a good road test

With my 05 getting close to the 250,000 k mark it’s time for some maintenance. As I don’t see replacing it with anything else anytime soon I’ve got to make it last. The bottom / internals of the 4.6 3v are good for lots of miles but the chain guides, adjusters / phasers are a known weak point. I’ve been hearing a bit of chain rattle at start up occasionally so before things go totally out I’m planning to replace the adjusters, guides ,chains and phasers over the winter. Parts are now on order but like everywhere else, waiting on suppliers to get stock back. I’ve ordered the Ford racing kit - comes with the adjusters, chains ,guides , seals, phasers and bolts. I managed to catch a Boxing Day sale to that helped a bit - Canadian dollar to us hurts even when buying form Cdn suppliers - they had to buy in USD so we all pay .

I’ll try to remember to take and post photo’s as this project progresses968E7B71-ABA3-4674-9815-E2FD6B29078A.jpeg

With my 05 getting close to the 250,000 k mark it’s time for some maintenance. As I don’t see replacing it with anything else anytime soon I’ve got to make it last. The bottom / internals of the 4.6 3v are good for lots of miles but the chain guides, adjusters / phasers are a known weak point. I’ve been hearing a bit of chain rattle at start up occasionally so before things go totally out I’m planning to replace the adjusters, guides ,chains and phasers over the winter. Parts are now on order but like everywhere else, waiting on suppliers to get stock back. I’ve ordered the Ford racing kit - comes with the adjusters, chains ,guides , seals, phasers and bolts. I managed to catch a Boxing Day sale to that helped a bit - Canadian dollar to us hurts even when buying form Cdn suppliers - they had to buy in USD so we all pay .

I’ll try to remember to take and post photo’s as this project progressesView attachment 51618
Keep us posted. I was planning on putting cams in my car this past summer but didn't get around to it, and this was a task I was also going to do while I was in there. Good luck ?.

Back