My 05

The last of the winter mods were completed over the weekend. New ā€œFORD Performance ā€œ hood struts replace the 12 year old CDC ones and several pieces of elastic on the top were modified/ replace to make the top fold like it should again.You know you have had a car for a while when you start modifying / replacing the modifications you already made.
The roads were dry and clean since the weekend rain so a quick trip to the airport and back to check the driveshaft/ axle angles was in order this afternoon after work. No vibrations , thankfully. All brakes were cool and acceleration was much better than the Jetta. I must say Iā€™m pleasantly surprised on how much less driveline wind up / slop there is with the one piece driveshaft installed. I should have made that modification 10 years ago. Iā€™ll wait for some more rain before making the official start of season run, but is sure felt good to drive the ā€œconstantly improvingā€œ 05 again.

The last of the winter mods were completed over the weekend. New ā€œFORD Performance ā€œ hood struts replace the 12 year old CDC ones and several pieces of elastic on the top were modified/ replace to make the top fold like it should again.You know you have had a car for a while when you start modifying / replacing the modifications you already made.
The roads were dry and clean since the weekend rain so a quick trip to the airport and back to check the driveshaft/ axle angles was in order this afternoon after work. No vibrations , thankfully. All brakes were cool and acceleration was much better than the Jetta. I must say Iā€™m pleasantly surprised on how much less driveline wind up / slop there is with the one piece driveshaft installed. I should have made that modification 10 years ago. Iā€™ll wait for some more rain before making the official start of season run, but is sure felt good to drive the ā€œconstantly improvingā€œ 05 again.
Glad for you that you did like the drive shaft. Like i said it should come from factory with one pieces .less weight is good and is a good place to lose weight.

Last parts were the oil and filter change , grease ball joints and tie rod ends ( previously replaced) and since itā€™s been 5 years - a coolant swap.
Drained the rad and the block . In case you are wondering - here is the difference - new on the left - used on the right

View attachment 63152
Yep it was time ! Added the new 50/50 mix , put the sticker on the plate and ready for a shake down run.
Can you tell Iā€™m looking forward to the summer of 2023 ?

I was going to ignore but I keep thinking about it. So here goes. šŸ™‚

The ā€œnewā€ bucket, on the left, looks awfully yellow for being the Gold coolant.

And the ā€œoldā€ bucket, on the right, although a bit dark looks more like the right colour for Gold coolant.

The 05 to 09 cars came with Gold coolant.
It is still good stuff and still being made and used by Ford, as opposed to the orange.

So my question is, I guess:
Is that fresh Gold coolant in the left bucket that looks that yellow, or are you switching from Gold to Yellow coolant?

Yellow coolant container.

018F2A8C-C1A6-4D73-B214-3BFDF0B4DF6A.jpeg

Gold coolant container.

2448CCE7-5D06-4AD7-89B1-810D71C7FBFD.jpeg

I still have a bit of fresh 50/50 Gold in a plastic container at home.

908998D8-8F82-4D4B-B878-18DBBC2A857C.jpeg

And some 50/50 Yellow.

1DF5FA34-3A31-445E-A8DE-8EAD6DEE5FEB.jpeg

Here they are side by side.
And your picture posted as well for comparison.
The Gold that I have looks more gold than your left bucket, which Iā€™m guessing is supposed to be the gold one as well.

C2EFEC16-1939-4579-8E45-E9906970480C.jpeg

4249898F-564D-43E1-BC29-51E0ED1CB28D.jpeg

The bucket on the left is fresh, gold concentrate, from a red jug like you have shown in your second picture mixed to 50/50.That mix would dilute the colour a bit. The right bucket, drained from the block and the rad is much darker heading to brown from gold. It was gold 5 years ago but has darkened over time and had left deposits in the surge tank. A good cleaning and the tank came back to almost clear.

Back