Crazy Weather events in your area

Long drive if he's coming all the way from Newfoundland.

Unless he's driving up from Saint John...... in which case it would be significantly shorter. ;)

Every road in the local area here is closed, OPP has even pulled patrols off the road in four detachments, but we've still got power.

Got my generator staged and ready just in case, at least you've got that Marc !!!

Lol! ?

I guess he’s coming from neither.
I made up a hybrid name it looks like.
I know enough to not have used the hyphen and “s” to avoid making it “St-John’s”.

But I have to admit, I don’t need to write Saint John in any communication very often, and never had anyone point it out so eloquently before.
I won’t forget now. ?

Yes thankful for the generator, and the two oil radiant space heaters I had.
As stated above, this was first time off the grid in winter since built the house.
Turns out the space heaters did the lion’s share of the work.

The one heat pump I have on the generator circuit kept defaulting to fail safe mode.
Even with trying to reset it by turning the breaker off and on.

Now that we’re back on the grid, it’s working fine with no issues.
So I’m no electrical whiz but thinking there’s some issue with the generator power vs grid power.
Whatever it is the heat pump doesn’t like it.

Thinking of putting that heat pump back on main panel and use space from that breaker to regain my kitchen outlets and microwave, and possibly outlets in garage and wifi while on generator power.

Get another one of those oil radiant heaters to compensate for losing the heat pump.

It just came back on about an hour ago.
We were just shy of a full 24 hours.
I made a gas run at 4 thinking we would be going tonight also.

But there are still folks one concession over, or one rural road over who still don’t have.
I feel for them.
NB power said on 6 O’clock news that some people would not be up until tomorrow. ☹️
Glad for you marc you got it back.good .
For others not fun to not having electricity
Mother nature. Not much we can do only thing is that everyone all ok.

Lol! ?

I guess he’s coming from neither.
I know enough to not have used the hyphen and “s” to avoid making it “St-John’s”.

But I have to admit, I don’t need to write Saint John in any communication very often, and never had anyone point it out so eloquently before.
I won’t forget now. ?

Yes thankful for the generator, and the two oil radiant space heaters I had.
As stated above, this was first time off the grid in winter since built the house.
Turns out the space heaters did the lion’s share of the work.

The one heat pump I have on the generator circuit kept defaulting to fail safe mode.
Even with trying to reset it by turning the breaker off and on.

Now that we’re back on the grid, it’s working fine with no issues.
So I’m no electrical whiz but thinking there’s some issue with the generator power vs grid power.
Whatever it is the heat pump doesn’t like it.

Thinking of putting that heat pump back on main panel and use space from that breaker to regain my kitchen outlets and microwave, and possibly outlets in garage and wifi while on generator power.

Get another one of those oil radiant heaters to compensate for losing the heat pump.
MARC i think for your heat pump might going in safe mode because maybe you generator do not have the AVR ** automatic voltage regulator on it so the current was not constent maybe it s why it s why was going on safe mode

It happen to me also in 2019 my father brought me one to help was 10 000 and my heat pump going up and down i have stop it right a way did not want to burn the circuit board . Anf my buddy brought me a smaler one with avr on it and it was working good so then i decided to order a big ford generator 11050 watts with avr and it s all good. So if you could check on yours you will see might be the issue.

Just so you know . Let me know for fun. Have a good night Marc.

Thanks Dan.
I figured it was some kind of amperage or voltage issue. Being not constant or consistant.
I’m sure I don’t have an AVR on that thing.
It’s a Kubota generator from 2004.

Anyway, that heat pump is still going good this morning. All ok, so I guess I didn’t do any damage to the circuit board. ?

Last edited:
“I guess he’s coming from neither.
I know enough to not have used the hyphen and “s” to avoid making it “St-John’s”.”

I wondered if anyone would point out the error in the above statement from last night

It’s not hyphen I meant to say but rather apostrophe.
When I caught it, it was too late to go back and correct it.

Cheers all! ???

“I guess he’s coming from neither.
I know enough to not have used the hyphen and “s” to avoid making it “St-John’s”.”

I wondered if anyone would point out the error in the above statement from last night

It’s not hyphen I meant to say but rather apostrophe.
When I caught it, it was too late to go back and correct it.

Cheers all! ???
Lord Tundering Jesus Bye, Try and git it right Will ya.
Der is people out der not knoin where your at.

I swear I should be a weatherman lol
Knowing yesterday, I was doing road trip checked out the weather
report was, halifax, +3 moncton +2 Fredericton +2
no rain or snow :rolleyes:

Well, most of trip was 0 to minus 3
wet/ icy roads in places, snow going up, truro and moncton
on way back, seen more snow 2/3 times and some rain then sun :)

no hail, but pretty much everything else was covered :)
Seen a Honda in Salisbury trying to be a snowmobile in
centre medium, not bad made it about 800 feet before he got stuck LOL

Well Maritimes getting a mess today,
here not as bad a s predicted so far, but this
is going to last untill mid morning tomorrow.

So bit of snow, freezing drizzle and ice pellets in forecast.
We have salted twice so far at least 2-3 more between now when it ends
hopefully not more. But atleast we don't have to plow or shvel yet :)

Anyone heard from Roger lately, maybe we need to send in dog sleds to check on him :oops:

318632531_513471064150160_522478850260797146_n.jpg

Oh I'm still alive and kicking around ;)

Enjoying retirement............ lol

And like Marc says we are expecting snow storm Friday, unreal but it will be the first big one of the year.
Been keeping a bit busy helping out at snowmobile club clearing trails from trees etc. following the wind storm of Dec. 23rd.
We don't have much snow for this time of the year and haven't used the sled yet.

Back