2024 Race season

Amazed that the Singapore event remained completely crash free. Not even a VSC (virtual safety car). Not the most exciting race to watch, although there were a few skirmish's among mid-pack cars, no real challenges for the lead.
your correct, first singapore GP to not have a SC

This long gap between races seems to be even longer than the F1 summer break. Wonder why it takes so long?
Be interesting to see if Lawson does anything exciting for RB in Texas. I can't say I miss Sargent's performance, but he was the only American driver in F1. Have to wonder if the Yanks will cheer for Canada's Stroll, being he's the next closest thing....or is he? Perez is actually from a N. American country, that is far closer to Texas...:unsure:

1728850661325.png

I am curious about Andretti
And what’s going on, I also believe congres
Is going to find anti competitive against American teams / manufacturers
Which will make things interesting

Weird they complain about long schedules and take two very long breaks which makes season longer
It's been to darn long a break, and with Indy racing finished for the season, I've had to get my fix by watching NASCAR..:p Mind you the last NASCAR race at Charlotte was pretty good. I prefer road courses over the round and round, other than the superspeedway's like Talladega, and Daytona. No small feat to travel at 200mph within touching distance of dozens of other cars

This F1 fall break may really help Redbull to get their cars whipped back into shape. Unlike the summer break, apparently the teams can still work on car development.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/f1-au...ext=F1 is in a four,demanding end to the year.

I am curious about Andretti
And what’s going on, I also believe congres
Is going to find anti competitive against American teams / manufacturers
Which will make things interesting
So you mean anti-competitive not so much as in racing one another, but more that F1 is trying to prevent GM/Cadillac from using F1 as a means to sell vehicles? I can't help but wonder if that is a frivolous complaint from Andretti, because his forming a new F1 team was rejected. There is so much ridiculous money involved, I bet he was pissed.

I know stock car racing back in the old days could play a role in decision making to new car buyers, thus the old adage "Win on Sunday sell on Monday". In reality though are people swayed on the vehicle they may decide to purchase based at all on an F1 cars performance. At least enough to sway enough buyers, Realistically several of the existing teams don't even represent car manufactures. Can you really consider Andretti's complaint as a legitimate one, or is he just wanting a piece of the F1 money pie?
Not that I wouldn't love to see an American made car in the pack. The more the merrier..
1729114205590.png

Your not wrong currently Andretti would get in for 200 million, buying a team
Over a billion, 2028 after new concord agreement. It gets redone, most likely
600-800 million to join
Andretti wants in now on cheap
F-1 and other owners want bigger
Piece of pie

He will get in just how much it’s going to cost

Should be a good race, except for Merc, Lewis starting from back and Russell needing most of car rebuilt before race.
Max and Lando on first row, but I think Ferraris over long run, could be fun to watch.

Interesting first lap, it did look like Max forced Norris off the track though.
Will have to wait for the replay and a different angle to see better.

Then Lewis screws it up and goes into the gravel.

Ferrari showing amazing pace…..

Last edited:
Some great racing throughout the pack. Wonderful to watch. Imagine if more of the teams had competitive cars, just how exciting it could be.
Norris must want to kick himself on these lousy starts he seems to be cursed with.. Max always there to take advantage, but his move at turn one backfired on him this time. Leclerc made the move and rightly claimed Victory.
I wish there would be more common sense rulings on these penalty's. Even the Sky announcers questioned some of the penalty's handed or not handed out, inconsistencies..
That 5 second penalty for Norris was unfair in my opinion, as he was forced to run out of bounds. His outside line running the entire way right beside Max, and he was to in far in to yield. He was forced off, by Max not wanting to race fairly, and give any room to Norris to do so If Max had left room he knew he would get passed. Not fair play in my opinion. In the judgement of the stewards, "Norris had not earned the right to the corner – so going off track was entirely of his own making". Seriously? Even Max was off the track he swung out so wide. No penalty for him for forcing a car off the track?
It probably would have just been considered hard racing in any other motorsport. I think it left some Americans in the audience scratching their heads.. This sure ain't NASCAR boys and girls.. No fights in the pits..:D
1729555423495.png

Some great racing throughout the pack. Wonderful to watch. Imagine if more of the teams had competitive cars, just how exciting it could be.
Norris must want to kick himself on these lousy starts he seems to be cursed with.. Max always there to take advantage, but his move at turn one backfired on him this time. Leclerc made the move and rightly claimed Victory.
I wish there would be more common sense rulings on these penalty's. Even the Sky announcers questioned some of the penalty's handed or not handed out, inconsistencies..
That 5 second penalty for Norris was unfair in my opinion, as he was forced to run out of bounds. His outside line running the entire way right beside Max, and he was to in far in to yield. He was forced off, by Max not wanting to race fairly, and give any room to Norris to do so If Max had left room he knew he would get passed. Not fair play in my opinion. In the judgement of the stewards, "Norris had not earned the right to the corner – so going off track was entirely of his own making". Seriously? Even Max was off the track he swung out so wide. No penalty for him for forcing a car off the track?
It probably would have just been considered hard racing in any other motorsport. I think it left some Americans in the audience scratching their heads.. This sure ain't NASCAR boys and girls.. No fights in the pits..:D
View attachment 80240
Agree, Max forced him off the track.

Back