2024 Race season

On another subject....
Watched the Toronto Indy race this past weekend, after having watched many hours of F1 racing coverage. The practice sessions, qualifying sessions, the race itself, and then all the analyzing done by Sky Sports.. I couldn't help but think that driving that Toronto course in an Indy car is much like driving a high powered shifter go-kart. Toronto's street course is so damn rough, and ridiculously narrow with several very tight corners. On car camera views of the drivers heads bouncing up and down, steering wheels cranked to full lock as the car understeer's horribly through the corners, reminded me so much of my amateur kart racing days.. In comparison, the F1 racing at Hungary looked so much more elegant..

The crash at Toronto's Indy was certainly much more dramatic then any F1 crash so far this year. You can thank the incredible slowness of officials to throw a yellow for that. Apparently it was a solid five seconds before the yellow was activated. "Multiple drivers raised concerns that they did not see any yellow flags, including both Pietro Fittipaldi and Santino Ferrucci. Fittipaldi said that there was no indication he was approaching a crash"

1721759228681.png

I read this in F1 news today..
"Ralf Schumacher believes the time has come for Red Bull to put Sergio Perez “out of his misery” following yet another qualifying crash."
I feel bad for Sergio, but unfortunately he is on a team with F1's #1 driver being used as an example. Very few of the current twenty drivers in F1 can say they have beaten Max, and in comparison most have results far worse than Sergio has over the last few years. He still ranks seventh among all the drivers in 2024, is still ahead of Russell, and only one point behind 6th place Hamilton. Rare to hear anything negative about either of them.
I really hate to see how the Sky network pundits often present him. Like he's a loser or something. He needs a personal promoter.
Sergio is obviously in a slump, and has had some lousy luck. Combined with the pressure he's under from the team, maybe a shift to another team would be the best thing for him.
I really hate to see how the Sky network pundits often present him. Like he's a loser or something. He needs a personal promoter.
Unfortunately, his qualifying performances are a bit lack lustre to say the least, and everyone is going to make comparisons.

I read this in F1 news today..
"Ralf Schumacher believes the time has come for Red Bull to put Sergio Perez “out of his misery” following yet another qualifying crash."
I feel bad for Sergio, but unfortunately he is on a team with F1's #1 driver being used as an example. Very few of the current twenty drivers in F1 can say they have beaten Max, and in comparison most have results far worse than Sergio has over the last few years. He still ranks seventh among all the drivers in 2024, is still ahead of Russell, and only one point behind 6th place Hamilton. Rare to hear anything negative about either of them.
Sergio is obviously in a slump, and has had some lousy luck. Combined with the pressure he's under from the team, maybe a shift to another team would be the best thing for him.
Problme is the car is built around Max, and he gets minor adjustments for him.
max likes it on a razor edges, which means real twitchy, which most drives wouldn't like
so likely does not suit sergio, that said he was driving the 2nd best car for last few years
and even now in top 4 and hes not getting points,

Can't win constructors championship with one car, he needs points, he was a ahead of lewis and George before this weekend,
and ahead by a lot a month ago, slumps in formula one is not good when on top teams, with so many good young talent and
older cosnsitant drivers, pressure is insane, If he does not have big weekend in Spa, he will be riding a scooter after
summer break or if lucky whiched to sister team and atleast gets to finish season, gives him better shot for a seat next year.

On another subject....
Watched the Toronto Indy race this past weekend, after having watched many hours of F1 racing coverage. The practice sessions, qualifying sessions, the race itself, and then all the analyzing done by Sky Sports.. I couldn't help but think that driving that Toronto course in an Indy car is much like driving a high powered shifter go-kart. Toronto's street course is so damn rough, and ridiculously narrow with several very tight corners. On car camera views of the drivers heads bouncing up and down, steering wheels cranked to full lock as the car understeer's horribly through the corners, reminded me so much of my amateur kart racing days.. In comparison, the F1 racing at Hungary looked so much more elegant..

The crash at Toronto's Indy was certainly much more dramatic then any F1 crash so far this year. You can thank the incredible slowness of officials to throw a yellow for that. Apparently it was a solid five seconds before the yellow was activated. "Multiple drivers raised concerns that they did not see any yellow flags, including both Pietro Fittipaldi and Santino Ferrucci. Fittipaldi said that there was no indication he was approaching a crash"

View attachment 77490
I can't remember the last time I watched an Indy event, but I have in the past been to TO race
street tracks are always a challenged, but back in the day, they did serious work to have it smooth,
sounds like not much money being spent on many levels to promoters to race teams,

Sad what Tony Geroge did to Cart.

I can't remember the last time I watched an Indy event, but I have in the past been to TO race
street tracks are always a challenged, but back in the day, they did serious work to have it smooth,
sounds like not much money being spent on many levels to promoters to race teams,.

Sad what Tony Geroge did to Cart.
Speaking of street tracks being a challenge, did you happen to catch the Formula E race in London? That was the worse street track I have ever seen. It was so narrow in several places that two cars couldn't drive side by side. One corner would only allow one car at a time to pass through it. Lots of bump and grind in that race. I hope they re-think the layout next year.:oops:

Speaking of street tracks being a challenge, did you happen to catch the Formula E race in London? That was the worse street track I have ever seen. It was so narrow in several places that two cars couldn't drive side by side. One corner would only allow one car at a time to pass through it. Lots of bump and grind in that race. I hope they re-think the layout next year.:oops:
E race so electric, ya I am not there yet :ROFLMAO:
hear they are impressive etc, but get there from here.

Here comes Spa, on my bucket list, would love to go to this race.
fast circuit nd looks like Max is taking an extra engine which will give him
a 10 place grid penalty, going to be another interesting weekend.

Qualifying was fun to watch, rain made it interesting.
Max beat everyone by over 1/2 second, but he has
10 place grid penalty , because he is using one to many engines,

that could make it even more fun, him trying to win form 11th on grid
Suppose to be dry tomorrow, so going to be fast and fun race to watch
Spa never dissapoints.

Qualifying was fun to watch, rain made it interesting.
Max beat everyone by over 1/2 second, but he has
10 place grid penalty , because he is using one to many engines,

that could make it even more fun, him trying to win form 11th on grid
Suppose to be dry tomorrow, so going to be fast and fun race to watch
Spa never dissapoints.
Yeah, interesting practice, will be an interesting race.

Hamilton wins again as Russel disqualified
was one hell of a race, it was hard to tell untill 3-4 laps to go,
what was going to happen.

lots to be excited about going into summer break,
I suspect lots will happen between now and next race
as race seats not decided and Perez did not impress today,
so what happens Monday.

Been a long time since F-1 was this competitive
great to watch.

I was about to say that it had been a great race, and Russell an unlikely winner, but good for him. But then saw your post and had to go search for what had happened…… oooops, a costly screw up by the team. But a good race all the same. Norris seemed to struggle to find his rhythm.

It’s going to be a very close rest of season.

Seems so unfair to a driver, when it's a team screw up. Team should be fined, and perhaps a grid position penalty at the following race, but to take away the win completely, that's lousy. Russell drove his heart out, and potentially risked his life, to have it all taken away. I feel for him.
Excellent race overall. Nice to see other team's in the mix, it makes it far more interesting.

I see Sainz is moving to Williams next season, which is a big step down for him in my opinion. He might have made a good replacement for Hamilton.

Seems so unfair to a driver, when it's a team screw up. Team should be fined, and perhaps a grid position penalty at the following race, but to take away the win completely, that's lousy. Russell drove his heart out, and potentially risked his life, to have it all taken away. I feel for him.
Excellent race overall. Nice to see other team's in the mix, it makes it far more interesting.

I see Sainz is moving to Williams next season, which is a big step down for him in my opinion. He might have made a good replacement for Hamilton.
As always, when the music stops and the dust settles sometimes some drivers lose out.

SO Merc did there investigation and several thing lead to him being under weight
and at start Hamilton - Russell car 500 grams within each other.

first off more tire wear only one tire change, which is what put him in front
and he should have but didn't take dirty line to pits,
drive off line you pic up extra rubber and this is done by most drivers
Plank on bottom had more wear than normal or Hamilton's, so bit of loss there
and that should be fixed. Lastly George lost a lot more wight than he normally does in the race,
add it all up 1.5 KG's which is worth 2-3 tenths a lap in F-1 Huge

Be very interesting to see how the dust settles this year, much more so than the last few.
Max and the RB were usually so far ahead in the last couple of years, the race to watch was always between the cars behind him. It became quite boring. This years races have been far more entertaining to watch.
With new drivers being brought on board, and the teams shifting around of others, the 2025 season could be either really great or really horrible. I just hope they remain competitive.

I am a Hamilton fan, considering qualifying., he had a great race, concidering Russel Started 4th and only finished
one spot in front of Hamilton, and Hamilton with 10 laps was gaining fast, you wonder about stuff this time of year.

Years ago, when a driver was leaving, engineering got a little sketchy, info transfer is non existent.
not sure with everything that is on the line if they would pull that stuff today, but from Q2 to the race
few wing adjustments and car was amazing, hmmmm make you wonder.

And you can bet Merc wants Russel to outshine Hamilton as he is going to be the new top dog,
things that make you go hmmmm

Now I love Ferrari, I think Leclerc is really good, It is going to be great fun to see how that goes next year.

Back