2024 Race season

From F1 News....
"With Logan Sargeant seemingly heading for the F1 exit door, the search will resume for an American driver who can help to continue the sport’s popularity boom in the United States. Could that driver be 17 year old Ugo Ugochukwu?"
1720824119849.png

How's that for an all American name:oops:

After last session, " shake down weekend
we fixed a few things, including the fork spring on clutch after it let go,
taking it everything apart to get at it, to find some idiot had broke it and welded it :rolleyes:
its a $15.00 part, that and new slave cylinder done, few other tweaks
changed front pads to semi metallic hoping to get less glazing and better stopping power.
Also first weekend,, got to get a heat cycle in tires, so might be a little better this weekend as well :)

Also readusted the brakes at the point of pistons behind reservoir which hooepfully will give us better adjustment front to rear
which can actually be done while driving if needed, so this weekend play alot with tire pressures and hopfully get some laps in anger :)

lots of sessions with 6 on sat and 4 on sunday, time to final play, 🤞no major issues and some good fun :)

IMG_1143.jpeg

After last session, " shake down weekend
we fixed a few things, including the fork spring on clutch after it let go,
taking it everything apart to get at it, to find some idiot had broke it and welded it :rolleyes:
its a $15.00 part, that and new slave cylinder done, few other tweaks
changed front pads to semi metallic hoping to get less glazing and better stopping power.
Also first weekend,, got to get a heat cycle in tires, so might be a little better this weekend as well :)

Also readusted the brakes at the point of pistons behind reservoir which hooepfully will give us better adjustment front to rear
which can actually be done while driving if needed, so this weekend play alot with tire pressures and hopfully get some laps in anger :)

lots of sessions with 6 on sat and 4 on sunday, time to final play, 🤞no major issues and some good fun :)

View attachment 77401
Can you run a brake bias valve in your class?

Toronto Indy, this weekend might be fun to watch
I lost interest after Tony George destroyed the series
It never has been quite the series it was back in the CART days, but there had been some exciting races this year.
I really miss the Vancouver Indy races. It was several days of excitement, especially being I was in the automotive business. I always rec'd free tickets to the Penzoil suite stands, which included food and refreshments, and a paddock pass. Manage to rub shoulders with a few of the famous drivers back in the day. Al Unser Jr, Michael Andretti, Greg Moore, Franchitti, Montoya, Rahal, Sullivan, etc. etc.
1721426339841.png

It never has been quite the series it was back in the CART days, but there had been some exciting races this year.
I really miss the Vancouver Indy races. It was several days of excitement, especially being I was in the automotive business. I always rec'd free tickets to the Penzoil suite stands, which included food and refreshments, and a paddock pass. Manage to rub shoulders with a few of the famous drivers back in the day. Al Unser Jr, Michael Andretti, Greg Moore, Franchitti, Montoya, Rahal, Sullivan, etc. etc.
View attachment 77405
I had a pit pass in TO once back in the day
Met Al Unser sr and Mario, JV
Few others but got up close and personal with the cars was the cool part

Missed Qualifying, but should see race.

Went to track, got to run some laps in angry and sort out a few
more issues, then we broke a shock, not sure what cuased it yet
as they were new, something not right, so more work to do and got home
earlier than expected.

so decided to go to Antigonish to see the IWK 250 pro stock race
was a Great race, made for a long day
not getting home til midnight :)

Max was having fits during the race in Hungary..it was actually quite funny. Love how they told Max he was being foolish..:)

I never like a race when a driver has to give up his win to a team member. Norris had a lengthy lead that wasn't from just the time spent in the pits, but from excellent driving. Oscar couldn't even catch up to him with fresher tires. Sure, nice to see his first win, but Norris deserved it more in my opinion.

I never like a race when a driver has to give up his win to a team member. Norris had a lengthy lead that wasn't from just the time spent in the pits, but from excellent driving. Oscar couldn't even catch up to him with fresher tires. Sure, nice to see his first win, but Norris deserved it more in my opinion.

That’s a tough one.
They brought Lando in pits first to guard against Lewis catching him.
But that created an undercut on Oscar.
Oscar can’t do anything about it. He’s a sitting duck in that scenario.

Had they brought Oscar in first, he would have undercut Lando and Lando would have very likely never caught him or gone ahead of him.

That’s what they corrected with the team orders.
Not saying it’s right or wrong.
Just the reason behind it.

I tend to agree on both counts, the team did times and determined Lando first and Oscar 2nd for pitstops
gave them best chance for win, other way might have lost it, but and a big BUT
Lando had far better stint and had to give up a win he likely earned with driving,

He is good with it now, imagine what this looks like at end of year if he catches up Max and loses championship
by 3/4 points, which considering Maclaren now and how many races are left is very possible.
tema orders that could give MacLaren COnstructors but lose thier # 1 a championship
could destroy the future. be fun to watch this and see where it goes.

Agree, you feel sorry for Lando, I suspect he would have overtaken Piastri even if the pitting order had been reversed.

Max was hilarious throughout the race, like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum. I'm just glad he didn't take out Lewis towards the end.

I read this in F1 news today..
"Ralf Schumacher believes the time has come for Red Bull to put Sergio Perez “out of his misery” following yet another qualifying crash."
I feel bad for Sergio, but unfortunately he is on a team with F1's #1 driver being used as an example. Very few of the current twenty drivers in F1 can say they have beaten Max, and in comparison most have results far worse than Sergio has over the last few years. He still ranks seventh among all the drivers in 2024, is still ahead of Russell, and only one point behind 6th place Hamilton. Rare to hear anything negative about either of them.
I really hate to see how the Sky network pundits often present him. Like he's a loser or something. He needs a personal promoter.
Sergio is obviously in a slump, and has had some lousy luck. Combined with the pressure he's under from the team, maybe a shift to another team would be the best thing for him.
I really hate to see how the Sky network pundits often present him. Like he's a loser or something. He needs a personal promoter.

Back