2018 Fall Run - Official Topic

other folks can go down sand and gravel roads,
but I am not doing it. Mine is bad enough with stuff on roads now.

I'm open for suggestions and local input as to locations to stop for bathroom breaks / refreshments and some possible picture locations.
I'm starting \the run from McAllister drive- not sure yet where the hotels will be so no doubt this will update as time gets closer
Head west on Route 1 , Take exit 86 and head down RT 175 Through Lepreau, to the Hagerty Cove Road and on to the New River Provincial Park. We will arrive here in about 40 minutes. I see the parking lot is gravel but looks in good shape. I don't know if the park is open in September but might make a good first bathroom stop / picture location if open. I expect we will be here 15-25 minutes if it works that the park is open. Looks like a good place for a drone shot (Hint-Hint)
Back on the 175 and continue through Sealy's Cove loop and to Pennfield Ridge
Not sure what shape the roads are in but possible route 785 to Lake Utopia and then route 780 brings us back to Saint George Tim Hortons - for about 10:45AM
Parking may be an issue here - - looking for alternatives / options I expect this stop will take 30 minutes minimum.
Leave Saint George via Main Street , then on to 760 Back on TCH1 at exit 45 then TCH exit 39 and we take route 127 in to Saint Andrews.
We should arrive 11;45 - !2 noon
Its only 1:45 drive time , 130 kms but with a couple of stops 3 hours will be gone.

I expect we will be in Saint Andrews a couple of hours - not sure where the restaurant will be but with pictures at the park suggested by Mineral Gray and a meal it will be 2 pm-2:15 leaving Saint Andrews

Leave Saint Andrews via 127 toward Saint Stephen .
A couple options
Local question How is the road up the 127 to the 760 Elmsville / Johnson Settlement back to Saint George ?
Or the TCH 1 to Saint George - to Pennfield.
Head to Blacks Harbour -
What options do we have for Pictures in Blacks Harbour ?

Back to Pennfield via Beaver Harbour. Take then old road route 175 back to 790 to Dipper Harbour - Chance Harbour loop
I expect there will be a photo location through this loop - I'm looking for some local input / knowledge of the area

Back on the TCH at exit 96 and back to Saint John 4:30 with no stops on the loops 5:30 ish

I'm very open to make adjustments - tried this route - gives us more coastal - each way

Let me know what we need to change

Last edited:
I will bring the drone, fully charged :)
Jason and I will talk next few days and start working on hotel and restaurants.
We will gear up rooms for Friday night and Sat night for those who want.
We will also Book restaurant for supper Friday night, Lunch day of run
and supper Sat night.

Looks great, I do this route all the time but still love it..
New river Should still be open, if not main entrance the haggarty Rd side will be .
Lepreau falls might be a good stop before new river ?
785 is still good, last I was there was fall , but will take it next week .
Tim Hortons has parking in front in back and on the side, also home hardware and subway is next door with parking also.
Restaurant suggestion as this is my profession would be The Gables, nice big patio on the Bay ..
127 to the 760 I haven't travelled in a bit, but should be good.
I'll take this with in the next few weeks to check it .
Wallace wharf would be too small for blacks harbour for all of us, so deadmans harbour or beach road in beaver harbour would be picture areas,

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this, or if it would be allowed, or if it would even be possible, but:

I think it would be kinda cool if we could arrange and load like 30+ Mustangs on to the Grand Manan ferry for a photo opportunity for 15 minutes :)

Thanks for the feedback.
Finding parking locations for 30+ cars becomes a challenge for some picture spots
FRS radio’s have been helpful when we get to pass on last minute directions / alternate parking

That's another one if my customers, and pretty sure would be a no for sure , turn around time from embarked to debarked is usually tight, No schedule yet for that time of year yet, but I can check , also both ships are drive through, so not much room to turn around and maneuver within ..

Forgot about them being drive-though. It's such a long shot that I doubt it would be approved, but if it was it would be like a 'special event' or something where they would have to alter the schedule in some way.

As Mineral Grey said, NO Go for sure. Having lived on Grand Manan for 3 years I can tell you that a group shot on the Ferry is a no go. First of all, it is not open deck. Second there is too much traffic on and off the Ferry, and with only 3 crossings each way daily they don't have a minute to spare.

How many Mustangs are on the Grand Manan Ferry ? :FordSmile

images

Took this route this morning...
Route 785 is a bit patched but no pot holes and pretty good , and 780 has no issues at all ..

Back