2018 Fall Run - Official Topic

The run gets voted on to decide location.
the weekend, is always the third weekend of Sept.
which next year lands on Sept 22, 2018

Yeah I agree. Pick run first. On a side note we always want to look at a Saturday night stay that.akes the Sunday drive not crazy for the far away people. I know that is always a tough one.

Leaving Grand Falls for Nova Scotia Sunday morning wouldn't be many worse than Leaving from Charlo 3 years ago, or New Brunswickers leaving Cape Breton for home.

True, but I think Charlie's point is, the run will be done on Sat.
So that those with a drive can leave early Sunday morning.
This is the format we agreed upon a few couple years ago
and for the foreseeable future. Concept being, those that have kids and
limited vacation can make and do the fall run. Thus giving us the possibility
of as many people coming as possible.

On side note, I personally prefer staying at same hotel Friday and Sat night when doable.
Seems to make trip a little easier. I guess it mostly depends on where the run is.
Some configurations that is easy, some it makes the most sense to do 2 different places.

Yeah exactly what point I was trying to make. I know everyone will have a drive but if stay at the same hotel both nights it should make the drive easier for some. Everyone will have somewhat of a drive I guess. Plenty of time to iron the details though.

I somehow missed this thread. Not sure what happened lol. I'm game for whatever run wins the majority vote. I think it should be done in New Brunswick this year since we did Nova this past September and PEI the year before that. Both runs were awesome and I don't think 2018 will be any different. Once we figure out where it will be then the plans can come together. As usual I will be more than willing to help out in the planning stagesl :)

Last edited:
Back