2018 Fall Run - Official Topic

Not wishing Summer away, just looking forward to Run having missed the last 2 due to Mechanical Issues. Believe me, I'm going to drive it as often as possible this year. :FordSmile

Spoke to Gerry he's looking a possible run routes now.
Take a bit, but hope to have test run in month or so.
Then need some to check it out, make sure no big issues.

Possibility #1

Leave Saint john area at 9AM
head west on TCH 1 to exit 86 -Lepreau - travel on rt 175 to Pennfield - TCH1 to St George for a coffee stop. (1. hr ish)
40 min coffee stop
After coffee head toward Saint Andrews on TCH1. Take exit 39- turn left on rt 127 and take back route in to Saint Andrews - about 35 min drive time
Not sure what is on the way for photo spots should be in Saint Andrews about 11:-
Lunch - Visit
Leave Saint Andrews at 1 pm
Take rt 127 - TCH 1 towards St Stephen then right on Rt 3 at exit 9A
North to Harvey and continue to Longs Creek
TCH 2 to Fredericton ( 2 hrs drive time )
Time for a coffee stop 30 min
Cross the Saint John river and drive to 105 to the Barton Bridge-
Through Oromocto and on to rt 7 back to saint John
1 hr 30 minutes

Back in Saint John at 5-5:30 pm Total Drive time 4 hrs - 40 min

Let me know what you are thinking

I'm up for anything ,but this route bypasses all the water and Coastal views ,and is all highway driving (and I drive that almost daily, lol.) also great spots for a group picture would be at Pagan point, deadmans harbour, new river, or lepreau falls?

I am OK with both. I like the coastal routes better as well. That is about the Max of driving time we would want with a big group that's for sure. Like Gerry estimated he is not far off on his arrival time.

Working on the Saint John -Saint Andrews route goal I used all the old road I could but route was still very short . We could add the Beaver harbour/ Blacks harbour loop but I’m not sure of that road yet. River route can be added to the return from Fredericton but will add at least 40 min to end time. If another direction is prefered let’s make the decision and the planning can begin . The river route works but heads in a totally different direction than original vote

Beaver harbour loop #778, #176 is in good shape. So is seelys Cove loop, lepreau #790 loop and canal loop is good #770 is great and manor Road but canal is a bit patchy near the top ..

Thanks for the update on the local routes , I can add some loops to the drive to Saint Andrews - we can run some of the same road back to Saint John with some other loops avoiding the northern route and be back much earlier ( 4-4:30 ) jif preferred. I’ll post another option tonight

be back for the Rockwood burn out competition. great . it does start at 4.... lol
really what ever works for everyone.. i run these roads and highways weekly so if you have any questions, just ask..

The vote was St John, St Andrews so would prefer to incorporate that as much as possible.
Other than that I open to any possibilities. 4- 4:30 is likely better if doable.
A couple of stop points and lunch has to be in area that has a couple of choices and at least one place that can
host 40 to 70 people. If weather is good we get 40 cars, 50-60 people is likely.

Do we need to do a poll to vote on a parade Marshal? Put photo winners at the front of the pack?

Back