2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Funny thing I read this morning,
Who new that a first year rookie with 12 games could be in a scoring slump
Yes its official Austin Matthews is in scoring slump, LMAO.
Bet those were the same journalists saying he was better than Gretzy and going to
score over 300 goals. :rolleyes:

I would have commented much earlier but was on the road most of the day lol. Yes 7-0 beating at the hands of the Kings. No idea what happened and haven't heard much about the game. There was another "major event" that I kinda took notice of and the hockey game got left out. Anyway, it was no 10-0 loss ;) but still brutal. I assume they did what most teams do and pulled the goalie (mercy pull) lol.

Yes Matthews is in a MAJOR slump lol. Brutal how the media in Toronto takes everything and makes it into such a big deal. If the kid was invisible and just not involved I'd be worried. That has been far from the case. He's done everything but score. Think the game against the Canucks he had two posts and missed on a breakaway. Like Trevor said, 12 games in!!! Give it time and let the Leafs do their thing to get this team where it needs to be. To make matters worse Laine is lighting it up. He does have better line mates and is part of a team that is not going through a rebuild but he's got some major skills. Be interesting to see how the Matthews vs Laine adventure plays out in the years to come.

10-0 or 7-0. As long as the Team doesn't dwell on it and goes on to win the next game, (like the Habs did).

LA Kings in Montreal tonight. Go Habs Go !

They played better than the they had the last month. The line up shake up worked.

First time since 53-54 Season that Habs have won first 9 home games. Habs have 25 Points now , Chicago is right behind them with 21. They play Detroit Saturday and Chicago Sunday.

Go Habs Go !

In a Pre Game Ceremony before the Montreal LA game last Night , they honored Montreal Goalie Rogatien(Rogie) Vachon. He started with the Habs as Gump Worsley's back up then helped the Habs win 3 Cups at the end of the 60's early 70s. He finished his career in LA and is being inducted into the Hall of Fame next week.. He is small by today's NHL Goalie Comparison , only 5'8.

CaxNyJDWEAA5XR_.jpg

vachon02.jpg

Another Great Game for the Habs last Night , Price Shuts out the Red Wings 5-0 ! , winning their 10th Home Game in a row , first time in Franchise History ! They now stand at 13-1-1 with 27 Points ! And they are even Beating "Real" Teams this year. Those that have followed this Thread here and on the last Forum we were on will get the Joke. :FordSmile

In other Canadian Action , both Toronto and Calgary lost their games 4-1.

5 Canadian Teams in Action today.Habs in Chicago tonight at 8 AT.

Rangers in Edmonton at 10:30

Minnesota in Ottawa

Dallas in Vancouver

and LA in Winnipeg

Habs_title.png

Habs played well , but not good enough to beat the Black hawks who won 3-2. Habs record is now 13-2-1, Not Too Shabby. Vancouver beat Dallas 5-4 in OT Jets beat the Kings 3-2 in a Shoot Out Minnesota beat Ottawa 2-1 in OT Rangers beat Oilers 3-1. On Tuesday Montreal plays Florida , Toronto plays Nashville and Ottawa is in Philadelphia.

I couldn't decide if the Habs were tired and couldn't keep up with the Blackhawks or if the 'Hawks were just that much faster and the Habs still need a bit of work

I would say they were tired and need to work on some stuff for sure. Maletesa played well in the 2 periods I watched in my opinion. Would have been nice to get him a win for what the team and their coach put him trough last time he was in net.

6 weeks into the Season , Top 5 in Standings : 1. Montreal 28 Points 2. Rangers 26 " 3. Black Hawks 24 Pts 4.Penguins 22 Pts 5.Devils 21 points and have won their last 5 games.

Back