2016-17 NHL hockey season.

It seems everyone on both sides were embarrassed by the 3-0 win for the Habs, Vancouver for losing 6 in a row and the habs for winning a game they didn't deserve to. You can't win getting out shot 2-1 even with CP in the net

I'm Not embarrassed, Some times you win when it seems unlikely, sometimes you lose when you do
it more right than wrong, every team see's that. Price gives Montreal that chance every game.
Also Montreal has a very good transition game and some skilled guys.
So you could be all over them, but when you make a mistake, they can make you pay.
That was how most of that game went. I think like most teams they can improve.
10 games in that is normal. Hard week last week, couple days off a little cocky,
A desperate team, that was your game.

I just have to get used to this thread becoming a "Habs Only Talk" lol. Tends to happen when you have a dozen Habs fan and one Leafs fan. Maybe I should start NHL Ontario thread so Phil and I can talk hockey haha.

2001BlackGTvert;n9883 said:
Well everyone is welcome to talk about any team they would like. I like all hockey talk.

Agree....but it doesn't happen. People stick with what they know most about and that is the Habs during the NHL season. Just the way it is when 3/4 of the people that post somehow got hooked to Montreal hockey. We all know Toronto is the centre of Canada ?

You can talk about the Leafs all you want, Phil is welcome to post about the Sens.
Yes I am a Habs fan and will post more about them, but I am also a hockey fan and can talk about any team.
Besides its fun listening to delusional Leafs fans :)

Yes Toronto is the centre of Canada, but Montreal is the hockey Mecca and shrine of hockey.

Oldie but a goodie.
What does the Toronto maple leafs, the Toronto Raptors and Toronto blues Jays have in common?
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
None of them know how to play Hockey LOL

Speaking of the Leafs, they've got some relly good young talent but haven't quite figured out how to win. Will that come with time as the young guys mature or do they need to tinker elsewhere, ie goaltending?

The Game last night was about as Ugly as you could get.
I feel bad for Montoya being left in for all 10, not even normal.
You could see Carey in hallway pacing the whole 2nd he know its not normal.

Brutal by the sounds of it. So as a coach how do you leave your goalie in for that many scores? I never watched the game but no matter who is to blame for the goals he needs to be pulled just to save him the embarrassment and change it up.

Embarrassing is right, Coach should be slapped, Yes Price plays tonight, but he wanted to go in,
if nothing else to split the pain. Montoya couldn't be blamed for the first 6, after that I am sure his head was screwed.

I think most know they were not as good as the record and not as bad as this. But wake up.
10 games, you can see some players are done, deal with it now.

Therrien said on sports center that it was a tough decision but they talked about it between the second and third. The only part about it being a tough decision is if price had something ailing him and it was a better move than to risk further injury to Price. There is no other reason to embarase a goalie like that at any level if your backup is healthy. Everyone has a bad game but to leave a goalie in net for all of that was not at all a good move. Just my opinion though. If anyone else can think of another reason why, Please let me know.

There is no way he wanted to stay in either.

Therrien give your head a shake.

That was a weird one all right. Therrien is an odd guy for sure....he said a couple things that were a bit off. Number one was what Charlie said and "the group" decided to leave Montoya in the net. Number 2 was that he could see this coming. Ahhhh ok, does he mean a few games ago or what?? Isn't it a coach's job to kick the bad habits out of teamif he can see it coming? To actually say that in the interview makes no sense and does nothing but harm to his credibility and the team in my opinion.

Back