2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Weber is making hab's fans forget about PK.

They are doing well, but its a long season, remember last year
9 game winning streak to start and didn't make the playoffs.
Every teams needs healthy team, a little luck and many players
to play above expectations to win the big prize, easy to say hard to produce.

Long, Long Long way to go :)

And no one is wondering why Therrien wasn't fired last year. Bergevin isn't short sighted, he looks at the big picture, it seems to be paying off.

TrueBlue02058;n9745 said:
And no one is wondering why Therrien wasn't fired last year. Bergevin isn't short sighted, he looks at the big picture, it seems to be paying off.

Habs are playing well and Price is in his game. But I don't put much faith in a quick start for a team. I've seen many start hot and fizzle out. Not saying it's gonna happen but still 75ish games to go. FYI the Habs were 9-0 at this point last year and nobody was talking about firing Therrien ?

I wonder if we could get enough people together to get a bus going to Montreal to see a game.Start in Halifax and stop in Moncton to pick us up.:rofl

The difference between this year and last is that they have a real team and a capable back up goalie this year. No one in Habs management was talking about firing Therrien last year , just Trevor LOL.

I'm not a big fan of Therrien either. The way the team is playing this year and with a different atmosphere in the dressing room like they have now I think any good coach would look good behind the bench, including Therrien.

MT won the Memorial cup as a coach in 96, he has never won anything else. he is the 4th highest paid coach in the NHL.
but I don't believe he is the 4th best coach in the NHL. I believe he speaks French which in Montreal is mandatory.
I believe he is a good practice coach, he has taken teams close, but when it comes to crunch, he can't ( or hasn't to this point)
Been able to take them over the hump. He doesn't coach well on the fly ( in game situations) Which in the playoffs is critical.

If the team is good enough, it can hide many coaching issues. Kirk Muller is very good at what he does and will make MT look far better than he is.

this of course is my Opinion, its worth what you paid for it :)

As for the team, I believe it is way to early to predict anything. With Price and Montoya, they should be a play off team.

I don't think the current team could win the Stanley cup. I believe in loyalty, but it won't win you the cup.
Some tuff decisions will have to be made down the stretch if they are close and wish to take a run at it.
Or start playing some of the young guys more to see what you got.

Its early, 20 games in, I will break down what I think they have :)

Like I said last year at this point 9-0 and this year 7-0-1. But this year they have a real team?? Ummm ok.

If they continue to do well in another 25-30 games then I would agree that they are the real deal. Until then I just sit back and give out facts lol.

02 yellowgt;n9747 said:
I wonder if we could get enough people together to get a bus going to Montreal to see a game.Start in Halifax and stop in Moncton to pick us up.:rofl

Only if they play the Leafs ;)

Ohtobbad;n9777 said:
Montreal versus Toronto tonight, A must see game :)
Who wins and why?

To me simple, Montreal, Price !

I'd like to say Toronto but feel that might not be the case. If they do manage to pull out the victory they'd only be 1 point back of Tampa. Just doesn't seem right since everyone is talking about the terrible games and goaltending.....but it is early

One word for that game.....Price. Don't think the record would be quite as good without him. Leafs played a decent game but just couldn't squeeze a second one past Carey. Oh well, on to the next one tomorrow.

Was a good game fun to watch, Yes the Habs won, but you can see the talent in Toronto.
They have a good team, They need experience and a few pieces.

It was a good close game. Those are always fun to watch. Toronto has definitely got something this year. Glad to see it. Montreal has more than just price doing stuff which is good as well.

Last edited:
Back