2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Funny you say that, 3 days before the season, all the talk was Mcdavid.
Last night he got a couple of goals and won in the season opener,
it was a footnote on TSN internet new channel.
Like I said I like the kid, I think he is the real deal, I even get the hype,
but saying he is better than those 3 above after is first game, should be an insult
to every real hockey fan, Crosby had lots of hype to, nothing like this, took
way more criticism than most, well look at his record, he has it all and could still play 10 more years.
Its to the point, you can't watch sports news.

Well if its the flu and first game, depending on how nasty, lasts a couple of days,
then a day or two before you feel 100% But it is the NHL and all try to hide real reasons
so who knows, but anymore than a few days, they will have to say more.

After last year, the word Price and missing a game scares us.
But I believe management made a huge mistake.
Price showed them the teams weakness and they put to much on Price.
did the few moves they make, be enough, I don't think so, I believe MT
is the biggest issue. but hopefully we know by Christmas.

I don't believe the Habs can win the cup with MT, regardless of them team
on the Ice.

I think Montoya will be solid.

montreal-canadiens-brett-lernout-36-clears-the-puck-as-tea.jpeg

I hope to watch if on TV tonight, check out the line up and see how it looks.
Like most teams, few new kids and players, take time to really know what you got.
I am sure many teams in same boat.

Agree that it's way, way, way early to be saying he's better than any of the previous best in the NHL. Not even sure who would be that bold to say it at this point. Fair point on the Crosby hype not being as bad. Have two reasons why.....number 1 he played for a US team and number 2 he had Ovie come into the league same year which took a fair bit of focus off him. Matthews has the perfect storm....1st overall pick, talented, lots of hype and playing for one of the top market and recognizes teams in the world. Get used to it. A lot of the season you might forget there are other teams and players in the NHL lol

Has come away with 4-1 over Buffalo. Wasn't always pretty, but decent game by Habs.
New players looked good, Some of the long term players didn't, but first game and long way to go.

Laine was good for the Jets last night. Nice goal and added an assist. Didn't watch any of the Habs game. Montoya has always played well as a backup so I think he will be good until Price comes back.

Made an announcement saying that Price is gonna be out a bit longer as he recovers from the "flu". I really don't think it's the flu but probably something that isn't that serious either. Keep an eye out thought....could be a re-occurinng "flu" lol.

Has in Ottawa tonight, always a good game.

Leafs home opener, celebrating 100 years.
Boston in town.
Tough being a has fan, really who do you want to lose LOL.

Has lose in overtime, in a game for the most part played brutal. They have some players
that needed to go and last couple of games only prove the obvious. Montoya is doing a great job
and Radulov looks great, I have a feeling he is going to be the real steal.

Leafs beat boston 4-1 to the shock of the world, Matthews did not score 9 goals.
But the other kids did score.

Didn't see any of the game but the rookies are showing the way for the Leafs. Andersen must have been better since he got first star of the game (I think I heard). Matthews with no points (OH NO!!!!) but Marner finally got his first one....well deserved as he's been one if not the best Leaf so far.

Leafs have a big youth movement and will need these players to not only lead the way,
but grow as players also, One thing, babcock will protect them, the best in can.
In Toronto that will be a challenge.

Habs win 4-0 over Pens, great start for Montoya.
Not much being said on price, hope he's back soon.

Yeah and the vets stepped it up a bit. Good to see. As for Price they are saying he is skating. I am sure we will get an update soon. Pretty bad flue......

When Price made an appearance out of uniform during Player Introductions , I noticed that he wasn't limping , That's Good. Pacierety scoring 23 seconds into the game , set the pace for the rest of the game. They should pass the Torch to him before each game LOL.

Back