2016-17 NHL hockey season.

I am predicting that both the Leafs and Habs will do better this year . Neither could be any worse than they were last year. Well technically the Habs could finish worse than 27th place , but I don't want to go there.

Similar to the comment Habs fans are saying the addition of Weber and Radulov will take them to,the cup finals lol.

Have to realize that there are fans of both that see no fault in their teams and then there are real fans who know how the game works and can call it like it is.

true, but come on 98% of Leaf fans are delusional on a good day.
God help us if they ever win the cup again, it will take 50 years
before they let us live it down LOL.

Price will miss atlas first game, he did not travel with the team to Buffalo.
They say only the Flu, lets hope.

I didn't watch the game, well about 5 minutes end of 2nd. 4 goals
A record for a rookie, very impressive. But side bar.

this was actually said, he is on pace for 492 goals Etc.Etc.
and the Leafs lost in overtime.

I never watched the game but saw the replays. Some very good hands for sure. Had him on The fourth line. You can rest assured that he will be covered better the next game he plays.

Austin Matthews is impressive, he's big, man like strength even at his age.
He can skate, has great hockey sense with soft hands.
Where he will go only time will tell.

That said listening to the radio today, it is like a comedy show.

One game he is better than Gretzky, Howe and Crosby, one comment.
Best leaf ever, in 100 years. it goes on and on, those stood out to me.

Yeah way too early for those types of comments that is for sure. But like Jason said most diehards already know this. It was one game. Going to be interesting to watch him moving forward.

Latest update, Carey Price, Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews and a list of other players, have all asked to be traded to the Leafs.
All stated they want to play with greatest player to ever lace up skates and share in the history making
of the first player to win 20 consecutive Stanley cups :)

Ohtobbad;n9369 said:
Latest update, Carey Price, Sidney Crosby and Jonathan Toews and a list of other players, have all asked to be traded to the Leafs.
All stated they want to play with greatest player to ever lace up skates and share in the history making
of the first player to win 20 consecutive Stanley cups :)

Can't say that I blame them )

You guys better get used to hearing his name a lot lol. Wouldn't make any difference even if he was with the Habs....talk would be the same....only in French lol. Due to the fact that he's in Toronto he will be shown non-stop by all the Canadian hockey covering channels. Be covered non-stop just like Crosby is, like McDavid is, like Price is and so on. They were calling Crosby the next Gretzky even before he played his first game in the NHL. Just so happens that the Leafs were bad enough last year and got the next "great one" Media does tend to go to the extreme and always will. No doubt the kid is talented and last year he got a leg up on most coming into the NHL by playing in a year in "mens" league instead of going the junior route. And he still lit it up. Four goals in NHL game number 1 is impressive and is already etched into the record books. One game doesn't define a career....especially when it's with the Leafs. But the media is gonna lap up every possible bit of news on this guy so be prepared for Matthews Mania lol.

Leafs showed they have issues....and most should know this will be the case. Andersen was ok but not great, D was terrible by times, seems like only the rookie forwards and maybe Bozak showed up to play. If they had played a "better" team it would have ended long before OT. They were lucky to get a point and in my opinion the point they got came because of Matthews. FYI the kid blamed himself for the loss in an interview last night lol. Long way to go and a long season ahead.

MATTHEWS FOR CALDER!!! :rofl

Ohtobbad;n9345 said:
Price will miss atlas first game, he did not travel with the team to Buffalo.
They say only the Flu, lets hope.

Find this very strange. They announced on Tuesday morning (I believe) that Price will not play in the opener because of the "flu". Doesn't make any sense that he would be that sick for them to be able to make a call almost 60 hours in advance of the game. This day in the NHL everything is last minute and information is usually next to impossible to get. I think there might be more to the story and this is a bit of a cover to keep media off it.

No necessarily Jason. You could be right but the call would have been made to keep him away from the other players if he had the flu. That is why he did not travel with them to Buffalo. Might as well rest up at home and be in top form for the next game or wait for the home opener to put him out there. But that is just a positive Habs fan way of thinking. We will hear more soon enough.

If the rest of the team would have played he would not be blaming himself by the sounds of it. Samba wish I could have had that 5th goal. The team should be saying. "Would have been nice to get a win out of that for Mathews last night. "Your right long season ahead.

Back