2016-17 NHL hockey season.

no Geroge this year which is a bonus.
Normally TSN and pretty decent and fair.
Some are worse than others, I am sure RDS is quite bias :)

Most stations TSN, Sportsnet, CBC to name a few are based out of Toronto so you get the local flavour. Most announcers are hired within the city so tough to beat the local out of them lol. But Toronto is the biggest city in Canada, in the biggest Province in Canada so ratings dictate that you focus on what they want.....Ontario teams.

But they are winning and I still don't care lol. No parade planning for a few years yet but I believe they are finally on the right track

I get all that, but you would think that professional broadcasters
would atlas attempt to be professional LOL.

This is not leafs TV ( I would expect it there)

These are national stations and TO may have 3 million people,
Leafs may have huge fan base, but we have over 20 million hockey fans.
Who have about 3-6 choices per game to watch.
Being professional will get most viewers, which means more advertising money.
I suspect even most Leafs fans could live with fair broadcasters.

Has last preseason game, against Leafs went well 6-1

The league or TSN had a blackout on TV, why I have no Idea.
Had this problem a few years ago when I had NHL network.
For some reason, folks in NS should see the game, because they won't
go buy tickets to a sold out game :rolleyes:

Ohtobbad;n9214 said:
Has last preseason game, against Leafs went well 6-1

The league or TSN had a blackout on TV, why I have no Idea.
Had this problem a few years ago when I had NHL network.
For some reason, folks in NS should see the game, because they won't
go buy tickets to a sold out game :rolleyes:

Didn't see any of the game but appears to be pretty one sided. Didn't even notice who was playing lol. Only thing I heard was Mathews scored his first of what I hope is many, many goals.

The NHL has been like this for a long time. They tell the stations what and where to broadcast. If it's Leafs coverage then only "Leafs region" gets to see it. We fall into the "Sens" region for some reason and also get the odd Habs game in English. People on the east coast have been complaining about this for years and they won't change it.

Canuck166;n9217 said:
Didn't see any of the game but appears to be pretty one sided. Didn't even notice who was playing lol. Only thing I heard was Mathews scored his first of what I hope is many, many goals.

The NHL has been like this for a long time. They tell the stations what and where to broadcast. If it's Leafs coverage then only "Leafs region" gets to see it. We fall into the "Sens" region for some reason and also get the odd Habs game in English. People on the east coast have been complaining about this for years and they won't change it.

I ended my NHL channel subscription because of this. but I am sure my $150 year won't make a big difference.

That's the reason why everything is blacked out on regular tv. They want you to pay for Centre Ice and both Bell and the NHL get paid lol

they black out centre ice for some games also.
It is why I gave it up, made me crazy.
I don't live in Montreal. and its been sold out
for every game for years.

Strange. Usually the only games that get blacked out on centre ice channels are the ones that regular cable is showing. For example CBC games on Saturday night. Won't be on centre ice but everyone gets CBC so you watch it on the local station.

Yeah I was unable to see any pre season Montreal ones I tried to watch in English. Only RDS. I used to pay the extra as well bit stopped. I hate black outs.

Nova Scotia is consider in Montreal Region, so we get black outs on occasion.
Didn't even make since when they were there. I understand if problem selling tickets.
But sold out for years and we are on east coast, not like we are going to make last minute decision
to grab a ticket and catch the game.

I am a little surprised at this, I thought he would be better than Montoya. but time will tell.
Montoya has accepted his roll as back up in last couple of years.

the one that really surprised me was Barbarro, I though he was a good defensemen.
I guess its the way with salary cap era, all teams need to have cheap and or young players
without much of cap hit and they need those players to excel to have a shot.

Leafs roster set today. Laich goes to the AHL and they really are a young rookie ridden team. A totally different look for the Leafs and it will be interesting to see how the fans react. I don't expect them to be great this year and I just hope the diehards have some patience with what I think is about to happen lol

Jason did you actually just say you hoped that diehard leafs fans would have patience? Or did that come out all wrong? Spell check can do funny things

According to leafs fans around here, they not only will make the play offs, they are only a year away from
contenting for the cup. The have already lock up 1.st, 2nd & 3rd in Calder cup race according to TSN.
Its almost funny, if not for being sad.

Back