2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Stamkos needs surgery on his right knee, will be out 4 to 6 months, unfortunate but could help the Habs stay at the top of their Division.

7 points now separate the first place Habs(28) from Sens(21) and Lightning(21), 2nd and 3rd.

Maple Leafs in Montreal , should be a Good Original 6 Match-Up.

cut.jpg

Habs win another tight one with the Leafs, 2-1. Leafs brought it hard in third.
Habs did well considering another back to back and getting in from game night before at
3am.

On the Sportsnet web site there's a lot of comment chatter about who are the Habs biggest rivals, Boston or Toronto with a very vocal group pushing for Boston when they aren't slagging the TV announcers. As a Habs fan I hate it when they lose to either team but for me it seems to sting a little more when Toronto wins, maybe because they were so bad for so long :)

Boston is likely the biggest rival, yet your right, I hate when they lose to either.
Maybe with so many Leafs fans in these parts, we here it more when the Leafs win LOL.

Sad thing, is with the new NHL playoff set up, they can never meet in the finals,
which I don't like. Its basically east against west.

I believe the Habs are a playoff team, But the question is do they have enough to
truly challenge for the Cup?

No Doubt Montreal has good team, with another great start.
They will win and lose some. yet I don't think they will be good enough as is,
when playoffs start and everything goes up a notch.
They have a few players they could replace with trades or bring up
some of young guns and give them a chance to develop and be ready
at end of year.

Didn't see any of the game Saturday night. 2-1 so must have been a close one. Nice to see the Leafs can keep the games close with the Habs....both games 2-1 finals.

Back