2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Price cheated one one, last one was empty netter, so he let in 2.
Last three games he let in 2 per game, decent really.
Team sucked. few good performances on the teams, but a few stood out as really bad.
Gallager looks slow and small, spends most of his shift on his ass, Emilin needs refresher course
on positioning, Patyern looked bad, and top line looked like they are still on the break.

Shaw looked good, Lekhenon looked very good, Markov looks like he is 22 and Weber played well.
they lost most of the races and weren't willing to go to the hard areas of the ice to win battles.
Almost no one is willing to park themselves in front of the net.

I think Montreal needs another big trade, shake up some heads. If they don't smarten up, they will be golfing early.
MB needs to go to work and now. I would be offering Gallager which would get some interest.

I watched the last 10 minutes of the second once we fot home from the rink so not much I can comment on the game. I agree it is going to take someone like Gallagher on the block. I like the kids but MB needs to do something.

He is playing like shit, but if you watch him, he acts like he is the super star on the team.
Someone needs to remind him, he has done very little this season.

Trading him, would get you something good in return and wake up the team.

At least Ottawa lost and Habs are still ahead in Atlantic. If tonight goes for the Habs like their last 13 games against the Leafs, Habs should win their 14th in a row against them.

Montreal as desperate for a win as any team could be.
Got one in Toronto, another hard fought battle ending with a 3-2 OT victory.
Was a good game and as always when Leafs and Habs meet, was a battle till the end.

The fact I was in a House owned by a Leaf fan made the victory, that much sweeter :)

Got to watch the 3 period and overtime. As much as Shaw makes some crazy decisions that get him in trouble sometimes, he has some decent hands. Man that overtime winner! I am sure he is feeling the run in with the boards this morning. Lol

He has been playing much better under CJ
So the change suited him. Also Chucky got a goal.
ugly but a goal and this will help boost his confidence.
They played hard last night, another night Price only allowed 2
4 straight games and any head coach would love a goalie who
allows only 2 goals per game.

Jordie Benn traded from Dallas to Montreal in exchange for Greg Pateryn and a 2nd round pick.

Boyle is going from Tampa Bay to Toronto. A Big Guy with experience, to compliment the Young Talent they have.

You know what just happened tonight with the Montreal Canadians? They got their Mojo back. To get a comeback win like that with the backup goalie in the net. Wow.

I hope you are right, because the first 2&1/2 periods were brutal.
Only ones working to that point were Shaw, Byron, Daneaut and weber.

Even after that Andrigetto, Plecks, DD and Gallagar looked like Peewee players.
Actually thats not fare to most Peewee players I have seen.

Guess we find out against Columbus very quickly.

2001BlackGTvert;n13335 said:
You know what just happened tonight with the Montreal Canadians? They got their Mojo back. To get a comeback win like that with the backup goalie in the net. Wow.

You guys sound pretty excited about that win and possible "mojo" back lol. Four wins in the month of February for the Habs and all of them required extra time. Two wins were against the bottom dwellers in the league (Devils and Coyotes). That beings said, they did play a great game against the Rangers (Price stood on his head) and beat the Leafs (without Marner and Bozak).

The Canadians Beat the Leafs for the 14th time in a row ! Nothing to do with Marner and Bozak. Habs have their number. Just like there are certain Teams that the Habs can't Beat. Habs still Lead the Atlantic Division with 76 Points, Followed by Ottawa 72 Points Bruins 70 Points Leafs 69 Points, and Panthers 66 Points. There has been a lot of Overtime games in the League this year, not just the Canadians. The Leafs last 2 games went to Overtime. As long as the Habs have a 6 Point Lead over the Leafs, I'm Happy.

Yeah I am looking at the positives of that game. Sometimes it takes hiring almost rock bottom to realize what is happening. Patch's did what he needed to do and work hard in the end to bring some spark back. I agree see players are in need of a quick kick in the ass. Shake it up MB. On a brighter note I like who we acquired for D. Has some good size.

you could be right on several comments, but one they did beat the Leafs in leaf land.
You had so little faith in them, you didn't wear a jersey, hat, not even a leafs pin.

Yes last couple of months have been bad, Feb will be over today.
New coach and some players scoring, that have not scored in awhile gives us hope.

Trades, I like the Habs trade, upgraded the D, but not a big move.
Leafs, sens did more and now Shatenkirk is off to the Caps, that is huge.

Montreal has to look at it and speak to the players and fans with what they do.
A couple of big pieces or we will wait another year.
Even with a couple of big moves, montreal has far to much dead weight.
If they can move a few of these guys in the trade process bonus.

I would get rid of Gallager, DD, Plecks, andregetto at the very least.
I know may love Gallager, but I think at his money you have seen the best of him.
He is getting top line minutes and spends most of the game on his ass.
looks slow, out of position and acts like he is entitled, cya.

TrueBlue02058;n13341 said:
The Canadians Beat the Leafs for the 14th time in a row ! Nothing to do with Marner and Bozak. Habs have their number. Just like there are certain Teams that the Habs can't Beat. Habs still Lead the Atlantic Division with 76 Points, Followed by Ottawa 72 Points Bruins 70 Points Leafs 69 Points, and Panthers 66 Points. There has been a lot of Overtime games in the League this year, not just the Canadians. The Leafs last 2 games went to Overtime. As long as the Habs have a 6 Point Lead over the Leafs, I'm Happy.

Yes taking 2/3rds of a teams first line from them usually makes no difference in how they play and chemistry :rolleyes:

Habs have the Leafs number no doubt but that only makes up 8 points for this year. How did those extra points (against the Leafs) work out for you last year? Gotta dominate more than one team to be competitive ;)

FYI....it's not the Leafs that they Habs should be worried about so I don't think you ought be happy with a 6 point lead :D

Couple of small moves yesterday. Habs upgraded slightly on D (in my opinion) with Benn but I think they needed a bit of a change to the depth and might give way to trade Beaulieu for something else....forward perhaps.

Sens got some good experience with Alex Burrows. He's a tough customer and can put the puck in the net. Not a huge move but depth move and makes the roster that much better

Leafs got Boyle. Again more of a 3rd/4th line upgrade which they can use. Veteran in a mostly rookie locker room, tough guy when needed and he can win a faceoff which they've struggled by times with.

Washington was the winner. Shatty is a wicked D and probably the one that most wanted. Be interesting to see if he is just a rental or if the Caps can sign him. Either way the Caps just went up huge as a contender in my book.

Habs had 2nd highest man/game loss to injury this year.
Including a couple games habs played leafs. Your just making excuses.
Every team has to learn to deal with it.

Back