2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Julien signed a Sweet 5 Year Contract worth 25 Million. That should top off his RRSP.

is_141111_cash_dollars_money_pile_800x600.jpg

Looking at the overall picture, Winnipeg and Vancouver are the only two Canadian teams currently out of the playoffs. Both teams are still very close to the wildcard but it seems if one were to get in another Canadian team might drop out. Good to see the Canadian content doing well so far.

Montreal had their 5 day break. Lots has happened in the 5 days.
New coach, first practice with 1000's lining the glass and 2 live networks covering it.
Only in Montreal :) They needed the rest and they needed the change.
Today they play the Jets at 2pm eastern, I for one am excited to see how they respond.

GO HABS GO

Despite the loss, I saw some good things. First and foremost Price looked Great.
Guys played with nervous energy and worked hard. It will take more than one day
for Julian to sort this out. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have a lot of time.

Plecs, really looked bad on the offensive end of the Ice. Gallager looked small and slow,
He spent far to much time on his ass. I hope that was just timing.

Julian has some work to do, but I believe so does MB.

I now understand why so many coaches and GM's hate the break.
record for teams first game after break is 3-13-3

Montreal needed the break, 22 hours for Julian to prep the team
wasn't much. Now they have a couple days to get ready for Tuesday against the Rangers.

They were talking about the mandatory break on the broadcast last night and how it should be changed. It was suggested that they do a couple of 3 to 4 day breaks instead of the normal 5. I guess some teams had a 7 day break. Crazy when you think about it and everyone gets some time during the All Star game also. Hopefully they change it for next year.

Sens lost a few players last night. Not sure for how long (Bobby Ryan looks like 3-6 weeks). Think at the end they were down to 8 forwards on the ice...yikes!!

Habs win a tight one over Rangers in OT.
They worked hard, which is a good sign.
Price made a save with few seconds left that make the highlight reel.
The change has been positive on him.
Ottawa wins, Toronto wins, so the race stays very tight in the east.

Islanders in Montreal Thursday,

How many penalties will Shaw get before they give him the boot. He seems to get them at the worst time. He is edgy but often is over the edge.

Back