2016-17 NHL hockey season.

I think I'll forgive them for losing 3-2 to Ovi and the Caps.

They can redeem themselves against the Oilers this afternoon I hope.

Rumours are the Montreal gave MB the green light to make a run.
So you can bet he is going after someone or one's.
They need a centre most, maybe Martin Hanzel, scoring winger in Matt Ducshane
neither will be cheap.
What do you think they will do? or who will they go after?

Leafs need help on D huge. 4-3 Leafs in the second tonight so that's 19 goals allowed in 3 and a half games. Yikes!! I'd also take another strong forward ??

Rumor Shatenkirk might be available, would cost them Nylander.
I wouldn't do that trade. If I were leafs I would be careful and maybe just stick to plan.
unless super deal comes along.

Last edited:
Likely would be, Right now, seems they all have hi asking price,
closer it gets, sometimes more reasonable it gets.

I wouldn't do Nylander for Shatty. He's gonna be a big piece for the Leafs down the road and they need good young forwards just as much as a stable veteran D. I think they should look around for a decent one at the deadline but not at a Nylander cost. Maybe a JVR trade or Kadri deal but not the young core. If it isn't there then wait for free agency....won't cost them any players

I made a correction, I meant to say wouldn't do it.
I agree, they can improve defence without that cost.
Trade some of the old guys, sure why not. but I wouldn't touch the tough core.

I must say through 2 periods, it is the worst game I have seen Montreal play this year.
They are making the last place Av's look like a great team. That takes a special kind of talent.
not only to play that bad, but to make the other team look good. Congrats to the Habs :(

1 watched half of the first and half of the second. I cannot comment on the whole game but was not much going on in that short span.

I know Fred won't like this, but here is the reality, Last night they looked like the 30 point team.
The habs started 11-1-1 and since then barely over 500, last 15 games under 500.
The excuse was, all the injuries, well only one not back is Gallager, so whats the next excuse?
Sens have 4 games in hand, leafs have 3 and because of the break down, they would go to the
2nd wildcard spot, ya its that close, play this way for another 2 weeks and we will see it.

Something has to change, Hey Julian is available, now would be the time. But I bet it won't.
If MB lets this happen, his he should be gone come the end of the year.
About time someone thinks about winning, Geoff Molson needs to put on his big boy pants.

Rant over :)

I have to agree with you Trevor. They should fire Therrien, and replace him with Claude Julien.. At least he has won a Stanley Cup and a Jack Adams. Boston made a Bone Head move when they fired him. Geoff can put on Carey Price's old goalie pants, cause all the Goalies are wearing smaller pants now.

Habs are still 1st in Atlantic with 68 Points. But they have played 55 games. Ottawa in second with 60 Points and 4 games in hand, and Toronto in 3rd with 60 Points and 52 games played. If the Habs keep playing the way the are now, Ottawa and Toronto will pass them within a week or so. The Clock is Ticking on getting Julien, cause he won't be on the Market for long.

Yes do something quick or rhey will not need to worry about it.

What just happened here?? We finally have Fred convinced. I need to buy my lottery ticket for tonight's draw. Lol.

I thought the pads were smaller and pants were an inch longer?

I bet not much happens, he makes a move or two before the deadline,
something tells me not enough. I think MT has lost the room.
If they wait long enough, another season gone, or early exit in playoffs.
I think the teams is decent, couple of the right pieces and they could make a serious run.
Longer they wait, more despite they are, the more it cost for those pieces.

Note: Watch how price looks at MT these days, every since the pounding where they didn't pull him.
MT asked him, never should have, he should have pulled him after 4. saves goalie.
He asked him, what person at that level is going to say take me out?

yes I agree and hope the same. I heard today, maybe some issues between MT and Chucky
that won't help either.

Back