2016-17 NHL hockey season.

I give them a bit of a break, seeing how you guys think I am to tough on them,
They Got Shaw, Markov, Gally, DD, all at the same time. Messed up their lines
and everyone needs to adjust. Take a few games to get back timing.

Watched the first period last night between Habs and Flyers. Glad I went to bed after that. Philly has their number when playing at home against Habs. Counting last night, they have beat them 10 out of the last 11 games.

You need to play a full game of hockey at that level to get the win period. 16 shots is not nearly enough picks to the net to win an NHL hockey game. Even with price in net. It is time for a changing of the guard. MB and MT. Give the assistant coaches the chance. They are the ones designing all the plays anyways.

That is where it is bull. I know it will never change in Montreal but I honestly think if they would drop the language thing when it comes to the coaches we would have better choices. Get a translator when he talks to media. Problem solved. And my first language was French so this is in no way a French / English comment.

Ohtobbad;n12584 said:
If it makes you feel any better Leafs talk has dialled back a few
notches after they have lost 3 in a row.

Yep they have crapped the bed the last few games and especially since the break. I just hope it's not a year where they do well first half and then find unique ways to lose it in the second half. Either way, they are much better than I thought they would be and still striking distance of a playoff spot. We shall see what they are made of now that the games almost outnumber the days off.

2001BlackGTvert;n12597 said:
That is where it is bull. I know it will never change in Montreal but I honestly think if they would drop the language thing when it comes to the coaches we would have better choices. Get a translator when he talks to media. Problem solved. And my first language was French so this is in no way a French / English comment.

I agree. Understand that Montreal is a French city and Quebec a French province but it does limit the choices they can make for head coach if they go French only. That's what translators are for. I've always gone with the philosophy of best person for the job gets it.

Hope your right, I believe he is a big reason they are having the success they are.
MB keeps finding great 4th liners etc, but we have 8 or 9 of them now.

Its simple, if you want to win, you find the best available in any part of your organization
When politics become part of it, your losing before you start.

Actually a large part of Montreal is English or at least English speaking.
They will have more than enough fans, regardless.
But this should not be about French or English. Just winning.

The French Hockey Media are all Bilingual. Most of the Player s they intervue are English Speaking only and it's never a problem.

Leafs get a big win. Don't like how it happened or the fact they've given up 16 goals in 3 games. But two points against Boston is gold!

4-5-1 in last 10.
If they play 500 hockey til the end, they will make the playoffs.
Based on numbers over last few years. But would go from home ice advantage to
wildcard. Seems like every game matters, which for us as fans, makes it more fun to watch.
Send are 7 points behind, with 3 games in hand, tighter than it looks.

Habs take on Oilers in another matinee game.

Back