2016-17 NHL hockey season.

SHatty is huge and makes an already tough team deeper.
He is one of the best in the league. He is from the New York area.
My bet is highest bidder in the area will get him.

Don't remember saying they lost because they didn't have Marner and Bozak in the lineup....just stated that they didn't have 2/3rds of their top line which plays with chemistry and such and contributed. Leafs could have easily won that game (ie Matthews on a breakaway in OT)

I guess my Math was of this morning. Habs have a Seven Point Lead over the Leafs and not 6.

For the Canadians to be on top of their Division with one month to go says something. They can't be all that bad, or the Teams behind them, Ottawa, Boston and Toronto must be real bad.

Compared to where they Finished last year, (Leafs 30th, Habs 27th), Fans of both Teams should be Happy with where they are now (Habs 8th, Leafs 15th).

Still not much scoring, but was a great hockey game.
Another OT win for habs, first time since 1940 Habs did not win a game
in regulation during Feb. That said, I quite enjoyed the game, both teams played very well.
Goalies were great. I have to say I was more than impressed with Jordie Ben, very solid
better than I expected, stay home type, very good first pass and strong positional play, likes to hit :)

Montreal still needs to address offence.

Montreal gets Davidson from Oilers, another defence, another depth move.
They also picked up Steve Ott from Detroit. I think a good move, but another Bottom six guy.
Nothing substantial. Hope there is more to come.

Never watched the game. Glad they got the win but sad to see the stats.

Steve Ott. Decent grab but we need more for sure. Come on MB suprise us with something decent.

If you like goal scoring it was a long game.
If you like tough, hard hitting and strong defensive game,
with some good chances by both teams, it was great to watch.
Both Goalies made some very tough saves.
Considering Jackets are high powered offence #4 in league.
I though Montreal contained them quite well.
They still need to convert their chances more often.
Offence is still an issue. But if they can defend like they did and Price
is back to being Price. March is looking more favourable then the past couple of months.

Considering the lack of offence the Habs have demonstrated over the past 3 months it is a Miracle that the still lead their Division with a 6 Point Lead, are 5th in the Eastern Conference and 8th in the League.

With the competition they will face in the playoffs, they didn't do enough.
They added 5 depth players, Montreal now has 3 of the best 4th lines in the NHL.
I like that they got bigger and meaner. But they are looking at guys who have done
nothing all year and MB said ( news conference today) they will have to get scoring
from these guys. So Montreal has basically said making the play offs is good enough.
Depending who they face, they could win a round, price stands on his head would help.
Hey its been done in Montreal.

So the time is now, is not now, its later, IMO the window is closing and fast.

TrueBlue02058;n13366 said:
What a Game ! Habs win 1-0 in OT. Galchenyuk gets the only Goal. :FordSmile

Habs now have a Nine Point Lead over Leafs Jason. :p

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the update!!

First trade day (or week really) that I can remember where nothing really happened. Only one that caught my eye was the Caps picking up Kevin Shattenkirk and that was it. No real offensive threat dealt to another team and most teams didn't really get any better.

Leafs no better but a little bit older and added some experience. Fehr will be exposed for the entry draft.

Habs did a lot of moves but not really any better. A little tougher but nothing to help out with the lack of goals.

Sens added Burrows which wasn't a bad move. Again a little bit tougher but not a lot better

Was kind of a boring trade day. Glad the Beaulieu for Marner trade didn't go through :rofl

Jason I have a question for you, I seen this on TSN and started to laugh.
SO hear it is, McDavid or Matthews, Who's better?

Ohtobbad;n13400 said:
Jason I have a question for you, I seen this on TSN and started to laugh.
SO hear it is, McDavid or Matthews, Who's better?

I think the bigger question is why are you still watching TSN? LOL

You avoided the question, by wandering with a question.
Man up and wander the question ???

I actually don't watch TSN anymore, I watch sportsnet now.
I use TSN's website, because more of there stories are written, I prefer
to read them instead of video. Sportnets website is 90% video.
Ok I wandered, not back to original question, eh?

Back