2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Yeah it was a decent game to watch. They had some decent opportunities. They out shot them but just could not get it in the net enough times. Montoya played well. At least his team did not hang him out to dry.

Montreal blew it in the third, losing 4-3 in overtime.
Bad coaching would be my first thought. Playing players who have done nothing, sitting player
who are getting it done.
Players didn't play, You could see price lose it after a couple of really bad plays.
He is starting to be affected by the players around him and how they respond.
He was really on his game on the 2nd goal give away he was pissed.

Leafs won in shoot out.
Crosby scored again, tying Mcdavid for scoring lead.

The Habs stopped forechecking aggressively in the third and so the Bolts got more time and shots in the Habs end. By the time the coaching stafff woke up and let them be more agressive in the Bolts zone they had started to panic and push a bit thus making mistakes. All coaching errors

Leafs won third in a row and the kids were on fire. Funny that they can't seem to get Matthews and Marner going at the same time. Now Matthews is picking up the points and Marner is in a funk lol. Oh well. I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel finally (and I say that cautiously...because it is the Leafs lol).

I agree, was hard to watch. What worries me is Price.
This has happened with him, last 4-5 games,
he gets pissed ( at his own team) loses focus or figures if they don't care
why should I. Management should be concerned about this.

one example of many.
3 minutes left in game, you get a Power play, first unit has Gallagher on it, -2 in game
hasn't scored in 13 games, this a good decision, I think not :(

Yeah I watched the first and second period and Montreal played pretty good. Skiped the third and wow what happened. The coach needs to open his eyes for sure. Price is definitely not his normal self.

Good to see the leafs coming together.

Last several games, Price seems to lose interest when he see's his team
stops playing, likely thinking why am I killing myself when these clowns
aren't playing. Something management needs to pay attention to.

Montreal gets another shot tonight in Florida hmmmmmm
WJ plays Lativa tonight also, be some channel flicking going on for sure.
Leafs are going at Tampa.

Habs- Panthers game goes to OT for second game in a row. Habs win 3-2 to break their 3 game losing streak. Blue Jackets won their 14th in a row.

In Atlantic Division Habs Habs have a 5 point lead over 2nd place Ottawa and 7 over 3rd place Boston.

Habs are in Pittsburgh Saturday Night.

Team Canada plays Team USA Saturday afternoon at 4 Atlantic time.

Didn't realize but I'm slightly shocked looking at the standings. Leafs are 3 points back of 3rd place Boston with 3 games in hand!! The East is so jammed up but put a few wins together and you can move up.

Funny thing is they are closer to 2nd and 3rd in the Atlantic then the two wildcard spots lol

Yes rumour is they have been working on parade route all along,
they are ramping this up now LOL

Zero points for originality. Pretty much the norm for a Habs fan. Why would I think of something original to say when I can not do any thinking and go to the usual Stanley Cup/parade eferences lol

Ahhh NO, he was a first round draft pic,
Sid the kid is tied with Conner McDavid for points.
Sid is leading scoring race with 26 goals in 31 games.

But Matthews has been on fire lately and proving to be a great pic.

Sat night, New years eve, Habs versus Penguins, should be good.
Also world Juniors game, Canada Versus USA.
We have guests coming for supper, Gonna interfere with my Hockey :rolleyes:

Friend Of Aliona, never met the hubby, I have no idea if he even likes hockey,
sooooo its wait and see I guess, I will turn TV on so I can hear it and check on it LOL
Run for highlights, hmmmm wonder if thats rude :)

Back