2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Top 5 in League looks like this :

1.Habs 41 Points , 28 Games Played Differential Plus 29. (Last 2 games brought that number up).
2.Penguins 39 Points, 28 Games Played, Differential Plus 13.
3. Rangers 39 Points, 29 Games Played, Differentials Plus 30.
4.Blue Jackets 38 Points, 26 Games played, Differential Plus 31.
5.Black Hawks 38 Points, 29 Games Played, Differential Plus 9.

The rest of the Canadian Teams :

9th: Sens, 34 Points Differential -4
10th: Flames, 34 Points, Differential -5
13th: Oilers, 33 Points, Differential -7
21st: Jets, 29 Points, Differential-13
25th: Leafs, 27 Points, Differential-10
28th: Canucks, 26 Points, Differential -16

Last in League, Avalanche, 21 Points, Differential -28.

The east is tight, no nights off this season.
Small losing streak could see you drop 2-3 spots in a hurry.
I am not sure if I have ever seen it this close, 30 games in.

that happens when a team gets beat badly the night before.
Leafs are actually playing the right way. a little more experience.
Add to the defence and a few more players go and come.
they will be close to very good team.
Jury is still out on Anderson IMO. time will tell.

The Leafs at least have the Shaniplan as a way to build a team and are following it. The Habs are missing something (can you cay coach? I knew you would ) but don't have a plan to build on

Some strong words there Trevor . Lol I only watched until the beginning of the third. They definitely need to work on the powerplay. Not enough pucks to the net. Trying to look for that perfect shot. Garbage goals still count. Rask had some good saves as well.

Last edited:
I listen to most of game on Radio, caught last 6 minutes and then overtime.
Losing to Boston is about the same as getting kick in the .......................

The Habs may not be perfect, but they have been # 1 in League Standings since the beginning of the season, a week shy of 3 months. Best was due for a win against the Habs.

TrueBlue02058;n10902 said:
The Habs may not be perfect, but they have been # 1 in League Standings since the beginning of the season, a week shy of 3 months. Best was due for a win against the Habs.

True story. The lead is getting less and less every day. Pittsburgh is on fire latelyand one point back....Rangers also. Hawks are always within reach of the top but where did Philadelphia come from? Last I heard they weren't sure who their number 1 goalie is and now they are 3 points back of the Habs....nuts.

Montreal does have at least one game in hand on everyone except the Pens. Once they get rid of Fleury and free up his salary they are only gonna get better with that money :)

Its a great time to be a hockey fan. Every game counts, almost all are close and fun to watch.
Of course we all have our favourites and cheer for them. But As a Hockey fan, I truly enjoy
watching the games, checking the scores, highlight reels are crazy every day.

The game is in great shape :)

Funny that Tampa and Ottawa have 34 points and sit 2nd and 3rd in the Atlantic. Washington and Philly currently hold the WIDCARD spots with 39 points lol. Crazy.

Back