2016-17 NHL hockey season.

Montreal had lead going into third, and played like shit.
they have speed and forecheck, which is why they win games.
When they stop skating, they lose.
why is this so hard to understand.

Yup pretty basic hockey. The speed both ways will help you greatly. Just need to tweak some things. They will get it. Still first for now. Lol

yes I believe they can, I guess question is will they.
What scares me, when they think David Desharnais is the answer to anything, they are in trouble.
He had a decent year 2 years ago, and now he is loved by MT gets 13-15 minutes game
1st-2nd line minutes. Gallager is showing what he really is a 3rd line player ( I love him)
but he is what he is. Unfortunately Plecks is getting old and is still great defensively but lost is ability
to be any sort of offence threat. So if you look at this, 3 of what Montreal believes are top six
are 2 third liners and a 4th liner on most top teams.
they need to address this along with scoring. a real top 6 forward is needed, ( good luck finding one)
And likely another scoring winger and a top 4 D.
If they address this, they have a real shot, stand pat and they are a 1st or at best 2nd round exit from they playoffs.

Yes they have done well. but only 500 over last 10 games.
Will they make the playoffs, yes I think so.
Can they really win anything, I wouldn't bet on it with this team.
I love the habs. But I am also a realist, they are good, but not good enough.

I would like to add, look at the big picture. Your core is Price, Weber, Pacs and chucky.
Whats the realistic window? I say 1-3 years, in the NHL today, you better not waste those years.
Go for it now IMO.

You know it's funny and I for one didn't realize it until last night. Leafs played the Wild and they started talking about Devin Dubnyk and his numbers. When was the last time you heard anyone talk about him? Well he's number 1 in save percentage, goals against average and shutouts. He actually has better goals against average than Price over the last three years (since he joined the Wild). Price only played 12 games last year and Dubnyk played a full year so if Price hadn't been hurt who knows what the comparison would look like. Dubnyk hasn't allowed more than 3 goals in a game this year. Funny all the talk is about Price and his talents. Guess that's what happens when you don't play on a Canadian team lol

Your right his numbers are impressive.
The wild has a solid defence and plays a defensive style system.
Most players in the west, get no where near the recognition as players in the east.
Price's numbers go back to 2012 and he won World cup and to Olympic golds.

Jason, whats with leafs now.
Babcock more or less said last night was must win game.
they didn't win, where does this leave them now?

Habs had a good home game winning 5-2
Price lost it after 2nd run for Devils.
Not often you see him lose it, guess he is letting folks
know, run me I will pound on you LOL.

with better than a 1/3 of the season in the books,
Habs still lead the league
Crosby is tied with 3 others for 2nd in points with 8 less games.
Leafs are last in the east, likely out of playoffs.
Most other Canadian teams are in the hunt for Playoff spot.
From first 39 points to last 21 points, very tight race.
More parity in the league, than ever before.

Yeah I only got to watch the third by the time I got home. That was a good period. I am glad to see the guys stepping up after losing 2 players back to back.

There are many that are criticizing price for what he did. I do not blame him. Enough is enough. Someone should have dropped them right there to back him up. To let Lovejoy come in there and grab him that could have gone sideways in a hurry. Great on patches for holding him back.

Ohtobbad;n10676 said:
Jason, whats with leafs now.
Babcock more or less said last night was must win game.
they didn't win, where does this leave them now?

No such thing as a "must win" for this team. Nobody expected them to be good and those that did really know nothing about hockey. They are right where I thought they'd be....towards the bottom. Another year or two and playoffs should be a certainty but they gotta add some pieces to the puzzle first in order to do that.

Ohtobbad;n10696 said:
Habs had a good home game winning 5-2
Price lost it after 2nd run for Devils.
Not often you see him lose it, guess he is letting folks
know, run me I will pound on you LOL.

Good thing he ducked or Price would (should) have received a match penalty. Then again it's Price so probably wouldn't have been called :rolleyes:

Back