2007 Mustang GT/CS Vert

Hey Max,
You were commenting on how good my car was running at the fall run. I was having some lag gunning it on the ramps prior to the run and realized it was about 120k since the plugs were changed. Got new ones and swapped them out just before the run. She as running fine..... however when I swapped the plugs I left the Diablo mass air interface unit too close to the engine and shortly after getting home car started going downhill. Couldn't figure it out either. My local mechanic put it on his hoist and dropped the front exhausts before the cats , just enough to let air flow and we took it for a run, loud but tons of power again. Closer looking discovered that the mass air interface got fried because of heat and was running too rich, and in short order had fully blocked one cat and about 75% of the other. Managed to source out the discontinued MA interface unit through DaSilva and my muffler shop had ordered the same X pipes and cats in a few years ago for a guy that never took it, so I lucked in and got it for the old half price gig. Once the MA came in I swapped it and put the new cat pipes on, worked beautiful again....
If your's was running that rich that it gas running out the back, dropping the pipes would check if they are blocked and part of the problem. Also, since I was into the car that far I sourced new injectors and coils and put them in. The old ones were still running fine figured I might as well go all the way and have everything new..
Good news for you is that they are going to Gerry's stockpile and can make their way to you. Don't give up, one simple thing can wreck a bunch of stuff quickly sometimes but hopefully the exhaust trick and spare parts might help out. Injectors are 39 pounders because of the supercharger if that makes any difference.
My favourite saying these days, You have to be more stubborn than your problem....

The 39 lbs. injectors will work fine.

That 39 lbs. rating is their max capacity.
What they are capable of delivering.

But it’s the computer and tune that decide how much fuel to deliver.
So, on non boosted application, they will be required to deliver less, which they are perfectly capable of doing.

It’s NOT default 39 all the time because they are rated 39 lbs.

Most of you accepted me for the last 4 years driving with you with my Focus ST. Finally had the opportunity to trade her in for a new to me Mustang. MINE! finally! :cool: Let's not keep it a secret for the time I was trying to ...:rofl

Here I present to you my 2007 GT/CS Vert. Yep, another black car in my stable. I had said not another one but i couldn't pass the deal. Was going to Montreal on vacation at my cousin's place and traded the ST on the GT/CS there and then in St-Eustache. Yes, Montreal trip with the ST and back home with the new to me pony. Currently it have 111 000kms on the odo, many more planned to come. Short term plans are to rig it with new tires at the start of next summer, do the spark plugs to new, MGW short throw shifter, SCT tuner, try to get some 20 to 25mm spacers all around to have those wheels sit flush with the fender (or as close as can be). I will also be correcting the paint early next summer as that little used car dealer in St-Eustache trashed the paint with whatever buffer they've used.

Longer term plans are to make it into a good handling/capable autocross street cruiser, so lot of suspension work will end up done. it currently feels down on power from the Focus (was 251WHP and 329 WTQ) but tuned for the intake it have and then other power adders down the line will help her. As mentioned, handling will be a priority with this one. :D

So there you have her, in all it's glory!! can't wait to see you all soon on the roads! :cool::FordSmile
Awesome ride , congratulations

Hey Trev,

The Research have ''kinda'' been done, but I still need to get her out and fiddle some things first before digging deep. I've got in touch with Brent, which he said to contact him when the car is out and i've performed a few quick test of my own (compression test, test the fuel sensor by unplugging its vacuum with the car running).
I have almost 100% eliminated the cats being hurt enough to kill the car as last summer under WOT it had all of its power and then some. When I went to put the summers on the truck yesterday (yeah, new daily, didn't mention ? ), talking with a mechanic at that shop that had done minor things to my car a couple years back he got me thinking into something else. Few pages back now, in the four codes it threw with the new computer, there are one or two comms error codes between ''a module and the network''.

P0600 - PCM loosing connection to multiple controllers at once

and

U0300 - Internal Control Module software incompatibility

*** Disclaimer, both of the above codes descriptions (the both of four for that matters) were pulled OFF THE INTERNET on mustang site, but could be totally wrong for my year of car, I know ***

He said this:

''So, you're explaining to me you're misfiring low rpm, constant speed, OK. First off I though of pre-ignition (long story short he explained some cars getting old sometimes it can be fixed by one cooler plug, his old truck under exact circumstances does the same thing), but now reading your four codes (made him read my post), I wonder if, your ''misfire'' that you experience have anything to do with your computer loosing connection?.''

going on to say/talk: '' I wonder ''if'', in a freak course of event, each misfire would be linked to the point in time your PCM actually looses connection. Kind of would like to stall, but can't really since driving (Reminder here: DOESN'T do it WOT, I have my full power too). One of the things you may want to do is quickly glance over the connections again to see if you cannot spot any loose pins there.

I know that CAN'T BE this simple. The though process may not be 100% ( or even close, i don't judge i am worst at times lol), but it may not be that bad of an idea to have a double check made on the connections at the new PCM again. To my knowledge the remainder of the harness is fine, but doesn't mean there's not anything else somewhere in the harness that wasn't waiting to go bad.

She's going to get out in +/- a week or two maybe. Depending if I can find the will to pick her up (and some half decent weather for the drive home). I have a mechanic friend who will perform the compression test with me, and the vacuum line unplugging is straight forward so it'll be done the second I pull out of storage. But i'll have another garage potentially around here give me an opinion on the connection status at the computer, so I can get that hypothesis out of the way. But from there, if all the above fails to reveal anything new, I am back to square one. Nothing on the current internet have proven fruitful to the exact symptoms I experience. At that point if Brent doesn't want it/doesn't have the time to go through this summer, I'll have to find somebody else. (My mom's neighbor is a retired Ford mechanic, I still owe him a talk. He MAY want to have a shot at it, I'll see when we chat.)

I am sure someone up there knows someone who could help you out.
Getting it diagnosed properly saves a ton of time and possibly chasing it
with money and parts you don't need.

Sadly I know, 2 -3 guys here, including Gerry who could figure it out
saving you time and money, but 3 hours away.
IMO spending time finding the right person for this issue
could be your most important Research.

Max, the retired guys from Ford did not do much of this.
We have a couple guys close to retirement and this is already over their heads.

You want the young guys at Ford now.
With about 10-15 years in.
Good amount of experience with all these OBD generations but still young enough to be computer savvy.

Most of you accepted me for the last 4 years driving with you with my Focus ST. Finally had the opportunity to trade her in for a new to me Mustang. MINE! finally! :cool: Let's not keep it a secret for the time I was trying to ...:rofl

Here I present to you my 2007 GT/CS Vert. Yep, another black car in my stable. I had said not another one but i couldn't pass the deal. Was going to Montreal on vacation at my cousin's place and traded the ST on the GT/CS there and then in St-Eustache. Yes, Montreal trip with the ST and back home with the new to me pony. Currently it have 111 000kms on the odo, many more planned to come. Short term plans are to rig it with new tires at the start of next summer, do the spark plugs to new, MGW short throw shifter, SCT tuner, try to get some 20 to 25mm spacers all around to have those wheels sit flush with the fender (or as close as can be). I will also be correcting the paint early next summer as that little used car dealer in St-Eustache trashed the paint with whatever buffer they've used.

Longer term plans are to make it into a good handling/capable autocross street cruiser, so lot of suspension work will end up done. it currently feels down on power from the Focus (was 251WHP and 329 WTQ) but tuned for the intake it have and then other power adders down the line will help her. As mentioned, handling will be a priority with this one. :D

So there you have her, in all it's glory!! can't wait to see you all soon on the roads! :cool::FordSmile
Nice ride , enjoy!

Well, She's now back home to start a new season. First order of business in the coming weeks will be to have it checked over to try and find whatever is still going on.
I have unplugged the fuel sensor vacuum line yesterday to test a theory right at the sensor, and at least no fuel got out of that side, good thing for the test itself, but it didn't either alter the idle that much (maybe went up a few 100RPM?). Next up compression testing.

At least the driveway fit passed! Everything fits in the yard, even with the Jetta replacement! Win/win!.

B6E3512A-2352-4E3B-A401-18B148B5C809.jpeg4B6D006A-4D50-4B9A-9C6F-3FBE6E1EE675.jpeg

Back