2005-14 Mustangs involved in airbag recall..

Time for me to change locations - was in to dealer in March - “ we will put on a job and order for your car sir “ called back - :sorrynot yet-

called again today - got the “ :sorry we in NS are not in a priority area but we will try and order for you car “ story again .

No humidity in Nova Scotia - things don’t rust here - that’s b....s....

Oh my. Just have to drive really slow or take no passengers.
Funny how dealers in NB seem to have no issue .…:(

Last edited:
My son had a Toyota truck with a frame full of holes.Then the sway bar rusted off.He was told it would be another year at least before his truck would qualify for the recall.My wife got a hold of Toyota and told them they were responsible if my son had a bad accident because of this.The next day he had a loaner car and his frame was replaced.Sometimes you have to go higher and be more assertive.

S197CS;n25096 said:
Taylor still can’t get my parts! Lol.... ohhhh well claymore rollin it is! :)

Find that funny that Taylor isn't able to get those parts in ?? Had no problems getting mine done here at local dealer and when Violette's were doing work on my roof they had seen in the system that it wasn't done yet so they had offered to do it. Weird how some areas can get the parts and others not ???

Fun GT;n25104 said:
Find that funny that Taylor isn't able to get those parts in ?? Had no problems getting mine done here at local dealer and when Violette's were doing work on my roof they had seen in the system that it wasn't done yet so they had offered to do it. Weird how some areas can get the parts and others not ???

I think it has a lot to do with the Parts Manager Like any other job, some are better at it that others.

Last edited:
05 gt 5spd;n25132 said:
Passenger air bag inflator replacement recall finally completed, up to date on all recalls .
Now to get caught up on oil changes .

How long did they take ?

Rich06;n25137 said:
How long did they take ?

Car was in the shop for less then 50 minutes to get the passenger air bag replaced. I can changed back to my stock tune in the dealer yard before sending the car in just in case they messed with the flash files, once I got the car back i reinstalled the Pete’s dyno file and all is well ,

Gerry, you mentioned reloading Pete's tune after they put in your passenger airbag. I just had mine done also. Is it possible that they might have corrupted the tune that Pete put on my car? How can I tell?

Just called my contact @TaylorFord in parts this morning to verify the status of my airbag order. The parts were actually sitting there, the fellow who i had spoken with at Service is no longer with them, i wasn't going to be called to book the appointment lol. Booked in for early Monday coming. Finally will get rid of my claymores haha. i'll make sure to remove & reinstate my tune also to make sure they don't fiddle with it. i had totally forgotten about that aspect and it IS a GOOD point! Thanks Gerry!

The reason I go to stock before letting the dealer work on the car is partly an SCT lock issue. When you load a tune into your car the stock tune is loaded in the tuner and saved and the tuner is “ locked” to your car.
If the dealer flashes software different in the engine there will be a mismatch and you won’t be able to return to the original stock version.
Then tuner considers itself locked and has to be sent away and unlocked by SCT for a fee, and you would call Pete, he emails you the dyno tune if he kept a copy and you start the process over again.
If the car is behaving as normal I wouldn’t worry - I just am a bit paranoid on software flashing, have seen a few horror stories in my line of work when things didn’t go as planned.

Back