2005-14 Mustangs involved in airbag recall..

Yeah, I was looking it up after I had the drivers side done to see what the issue was with it ,but couldn't find anything about it online. I got the letter last month informing me there will be a recall once parts are produced..

Attachments

• photo1506.jpg
    photo1506.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 5.0
One of the guys took his 2012 in for recall and they ending up flashing his computer.He had a heck of a time getting his tune back in and the speedometer showing the right speed again.Setting back to stock before going to the dealer is best.

Mine needs both sides and have not gotten either done yet. I guess it will have to wait for spring.

I don't think parts are in yet for passenger side. Only Driver side.
I think Downey is being straight with you.

anyone hear from their Dealer if the passenger airbags are in yet? i will be headed into Downey's this week to inquire..

i just came from the dealer, they said the parts are available now. ( passenger side air bag ) mine was just ordered and should be in next week.

Thanks I'll check here, had my drivers side done last year and the check airbag light came on in the dash. Dealer said it was just a coincidence, think l'll get the passenger side done at a different dealer

Seems to be a common theme, my car had a recall to replace the oil cooler lines, heard about it on one of the US forums shortly before I parked it in the fall of 2016. Got ahold of the dealer, same deal, parts wait list, the recall letter came from Ford in the spring of 2017, and the replacement parts not much after that.

Didn't really have any impact on my driving season, I was quite happy to leave it parked over the winter. Still, these sorts of things, especially the air bag deal, can give you a bit of anxiety, if I hadn't been trolling the US forums, might not have heard about it as soon as I did.

Best of luck to all for a speedy resolution.

Last edited:
I had mine changed first winter, but if it bothers you jack it up and take a look.
If its and issue it will have a small leak, easy to detect. Mine didn't so I drove it while I waited for parts.

Originally 2 cars caught on fire, not sure if you ever read about the yellow 350
that caught on fire at a race track, but thats what started it all, with recall,
that line leaked and caused it to catch fire. That being said he was running hard for
over 30 minutes and was doing over 150 on straight when it happen.

Yup, caught those pics of the yellow fireball, scary ride. Theres always so much more drama on the US forums, the smallest thing gets blown way out of proportion, and it seems all they want to focus on is the negative. Probably why my post count on those forums is zero and I prefer the nicer atmosphere here. I never had any issues with my oil cooler lines, or any of the other complaints you hear there. Not to derail the OP's thread, one thing I have noticed is that my rear bumper cover gaps are getting bigger.

Thanks for the update Mineral. Hadn't checked lately.
Still way too much snow up here to even begin to think about breaking the car out.
Will get mine ordered tomorrow.

I agree few people are great on those forums, but some are quite dramatic.
I have been fortunate I haven't had and real issues with gaps.

I was in to a Dartmouth dealer last week and was told June 2018 at the earliest! Good to hear parts are available but I’m A bit concerned on the 3 month time lag to ship from NB to NS !

Back