2005-14 Mustangs involved in airbag recall..

I got the “we have parts, schedule your car for this important update “ letter, called the dealer, still no eta on parts, call again end of June they said, just drive at your own risk .I see in the US they sent “don’t drive “ letters to 2005- 2007 ranger owners and pay to have them towed in for the rework

While we wait for parts again. only in Canada eh

Guys, I hate to ask which NS dealers you are dealing with? The air bags are available and being installed daily on both Mustangs and Rangers in NB.
Well northern NB for sure. At Violette Ford in Grand Falls and Edmundston.
Had mine done Tuesday. Less than half an hour, all done.
I think what is happening is that your dealers are trying to get you in to sell you additional services or upselling you on parts or other services.
All they really need is you VIN for Ford to allocate an airbag to your case or your file. Because it's a recall and free of charge, they need to match the job up to a VIN. Warranty has nothing to do with it.
I gave my VIN to my dealer and told them to order the part for my Tuesday appointment. They did and all went smooth.
I think your dealer is asking you to come in just so they can get the VIN off your car... Then maybe suggest you leave the car out of safety concern in the hope you will buy another service from them. Oil change, rental car, wipers, whatever...
If I were you I would call them up, give them your VIN and ask for an appointment when the part is in.
It's being done elsewhere. I don't know why you guys are getting the runaround.

Good luck with all that. It is a safety issue after all. It's a good idea to get it done.

I didn't get any up sell from FairIsle Ford when mine went in. First dealer visit since picking it up 3 years ago. Service manager said there were a number of factors determining availability of replacement parts, with the final being the point of assembly. Sounded like 3-4 steps to determine whether or not parts were available for shipment.

I have had both sides done. Driver last summer. Passenger last Tuesday.
This is what puzzles me. How can a smaller dealer get them easily and the big volume dealer not?
Let's face it, Taylor is much bigger than the two Violette locations combined up here.
All I know is they've been doing them regularly up here for past month.
05's, 06's, 2010's, GT's, Automatics, convertibles, HT's, it makes no difference.

Like I just mentioned above, there is no shortage, or difficulty getting the bags in northern NB.
I'm not trying to discredit other dealerships.
I was speculating aloud as to what might motivate different stories being given to customers within our relatively small Maritime region.
I suppose some of my former profession is still anchored within me.
As for final point of assembly, as far as I know, all Mustangs since 2005 have been built at the Flat Rock assembly plant in Michigan.
Maybe the approach for those of you running into obstacles should be the plain truth.
Tell your service writers or managers that you are aware that Mustang owners are getting the work done in northern NB and ask them how come another part of the region can get it done and not them?
That challenge may be all the motivation they need to dig a little deeper for you.
If that doesn't work for you I'll supply you the numbers, upon request of course, for you to book an appointment up here if you don't mind the drive to Grand Falls or Edmundston.
Sincerely everyone, good luck with this issue.
I remain curious as to why the discrepancies between different corners of our region?

Ordered mine today, Vision Ford Campbellton/Atholville says no issues getting them either.

called Downey's this week and they said they have not received any passenger air bags yet, still no ETA on them..:(

Doesn't Downey's have multiple locations?Maybe your location has a lazy parts guy.Or just call a different dealer for to see if those airbags are out there.They must be available to the collision shops.

They must order the parts with your VIN associated to the order.
If they simply wait for parts to show up, they may never get them.
I won't say lazy, but maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer...
You know the old saying?
"Common sense is not so common."

I called the ford customer service and they told me the dealers were right, almost immediate availability for the driver side, no fixed news on the passenger side.... not even able to predict a date....

I talked to a the manager in parts who I know and he explained the parts are trickling in , they get ordered , and they get shorted, they order 10 they might get one ...he said they order weekly and parts come in when available... they are just not making them fast enough

There you go. Maybe Roger and I are just lucky to live in a less densely populated area. Less population meaning fewer Mustangs, translating to statistically better chances of getting ours done.
Seriously, everyone going in to get theirs done up here has gotten them done.
I was not aware other areas had so much trouble.
Makes sense though that they can't produce them fast enough to satisfy 10 years worth of cars in a few months.

Back