2005-14 Mustangs involved in airbag recall..

Got the passenger side recall notice on Friday. Will get in the first of the week to see what the schedule looks like. Hope Kevin didn't get the last replacement from Fairisle Ford:FordSmile

Not a Mustang but related, we just received a letter from BMW about an old X5 that my dad had stating that there was a recall on the Takata airbags. It's scary how one company has affected so many people

pei_guy;n29482 said:
Got the passenger side recall notice on Friday. Will get in the first of the week to see what the schedule looks like. Hope Kevin didn't get the last replacement from Fairisle Ford:FordSmile

Airbag on back order with a 4-6 week estimated delivery to dealer. Should be good to go by then. Spring is starting to show its face!

Rich06;n29484 said:
Not a Mustang but related, we just received a letter from BMW about an old X5 that my dad had stating that there was a recall on the Takata airbags. It's scary how one company has affected so many people

Yep, Received letters today for my Outback and Forester.. They have the same airbag recall now ..

Festus;n30130 said:
Fairisle Ford calls today parts have arrived for my passenger side airbag recall when I want to make appointment. Will make appointment after spring run .

One hood thing is that you drop it in the morning and pick it up later the same day, and thats for doing both sides at once!

pei_guy;n30499 said:
Mine goes in Friday. Hoping no other issues.

You should be good.
The only two issues with modern Mustangs is one recall for each airbag.
Driver and Passenger.
Once those are done, there is very little else, not to say nothing...
Mustangs are very dependable cars all the way around.
The employees on those lines must be proud to work on such a car and are motivated to do a good job.

67 AGAIN;n30501 said:
You should be good.
The only two issues with modern Mustangs is one recall for each airbag.
Driver and Passenger.
Once those are done, there is very little else, not to say nothing...
Mustangs are very dependable cars all the way around.
The employees on those lines must be proud to work on such a car and are motivated to do a good job.

Thinking more of the cosmetic damage possible by replacing the passenger bags. Have seen others where chips & dents to the cover have happened while replacing the inflators. Have a good series of pre-recall work pictures, so hoping for the best in the service work.

pei_guy;n30512 said:
Thinking more of the cosmetic damage possible by replacing the passenger bags. Have seen others where chips & dents to the cover have happened while replacing the inflators. Have a good series of pre-recall work pictures, so hoping for the best in the service work.

Ho I never seen what you're describing. Wow!

This work must be done by a certified tech, who should have some modicum of professionalism, not a quick lube guy or worse, a monkey.
If they damage your car doing that, you need a new dealership to take care of you.

I've had mine done sans damage, and plenty of other customers damage free also.
Good luck with your adventure.

pei_guy;n30512 said:

Yuppp have scratches on my passenger panel and it sits uneaven. Thanks for reminder, gotta go to taylor somewhere this week to sort this out. Stored the car last year before i could go see tjem. Dunno how that will go...

Excellent News Marcel, now your wife and 2 Teenagers won't all have to Ride in the Back Seat. :rofl

Friend of mine is waiting on a Passenger Airbag on his Lexus as part of the Global Recall. They basically told him, no one should be riding in front passenger seat till recall is done.

:mad:

Last edited:
Back