What did you do to your mustang today

I don’t know if any of you remember me mentioning a few summers ago that the AC in BULLITT had Tanked a few years ago and after a refill it stopped working a month later.

Technician told me it wasn’t worth fixing cause I store it off site for more than 1/2 the year and because I’m unable to start it monthly the seals would dry up again in a couple of years

Today I accidentally selected A/C Button and it started blowing ice cold air

On Max Air my leg almost froze.

I’m buying a Lotto ticket 😜
That’s awesome news Fred. I think you probably should change air conditioning techs as well. Plenty of people park their cars for the winter months and have years of trouble free air conditioning. Mine is the same age as yours and original. Still going strong. Although I am sure it will need done in the near future. Just jinxed myself.

Although if it does go I will just slam my door and hope for the best. 😂

That’s awesome news Fred. I think you probably should change air conditioning techs as well. Plenty of people park their cars for the winter months and have years of trouble free air conditioning. Mine is the same age as yours and original. Still going strong. Although I am sure it will need done in the near future. Just jinxed myself.

Although if it does go I will just slam my door and hope for the best. 😂
He Retired and Shop closed 2 years ago.

If I need a re charge in coming years I’ll take it to Brunswick across the Street from Taylor Ford.

For the 3rd Spring in a Row

When I Picked the Mustang up from Winter Storage, the Battery was Dead and it required Boosting.

For the first 5 months of Storage the Battery Tender was plugged in, last month when they had to move cars around to let the early birds out, they didn’t plug mine back in and had to boost to start.

In 2021, I bought a new NAPA Legend Battery And in Spring 2022 and 2023 NAPA replaced Battery under 5 year Warranty.

After I got home this Spring, Battery was Dead when I tried to start it once safely home.

I removed battery and replaced it with an Interstate Battery yesterday, Also added a Battery Quick Disconnect switch.

Interstate Dealer in Moncton tested NAPA Battery and it was only putting out 13 Cold Cranking Amps out of 550.IMG_8268.jpeg

For the 3rd Spring in a Row

When I Picked the Mustang up from Winter Storage, the Battery was Dead and it required Boosting.

For the first 5 months of Storage the Battery Tender was plugged in, last month when they had to move cars around to let the early birds out, they didn’t plug mine back in and had to boost to start.

In 2021, I bought a new NAPA Legend Battery And in Spring 2022 and 2023 NAPA replaced Battery under 5 year Warranty.

After I got home this Spring, Battery was Dead when I tried to start it once safely home.

I removed battery and replaced it with an Interstate Battery yesterday, Also added a Battery Quick Disconnect switch.

Interstate Dealer in Moncton tested NAPA Battery and it was only putting out 13 Cold Cranking Amps out of 550.View attachment 74481
Batteries just suck these days. When I ordered my KW , I specced it with AGM from the factory. They do cost more but so far so good. Used to have to change all 4 every 16-18 months.

Yeah that is way to short of a life span even for a seasonal battery. I agree they suck. Sounds like you did all the right things to try and keep it healthy. I would have tried a different brand as well.
Friend of mine that owns a Power Boat as well as a 74 Corvette recommended Interstate.

He as well as all of his Boating Buddies have Interstate Batteries on their Boats and have Never had any Issues 👍

Mustang started on the first try today without any issue and it dident need a boost. It is the original battery and is hitting 10 years old. Being pro active and bought a new battery at Taylor Ford today to replace it
View attachment 74592
Those are great batteries and also there is usualy round glass on top under the sticker so you can see how is your batterie doing . Red need to charge green good and black need to charge so you know how the batterie is doing. I Like them.

Back