What did you do to your mustang today

Last week got a well deserved oil change completed on the car. Tonight had to disassemble the passengers door to find this switch
IMG_0776.jpeg
This sends the “door ajar” signals and drops the window when you open the door as well. If it sticks the message stays on on the dash and the window won’t raise the last 1/2 inch. Removing the door panel and door latch mechanism allows access. I got the switch apart - cleaned the accumulated crud caused by a torn rubber protection device. I reassembled the latch and door with the repaired but “unprotected” switch for now with a working door window.

Well going to remove the lowering springs and go back to ford springs. Tried it and not practical for our roads.

I hear you Mike.
My first exit out of gas station last weekend in Moncton I scraped the front of the Shelby and it’s stock height.
Not used to driving it yet, concentrating on cross traffic and didn’t think to angle at 45 degrees.

Lesson learned now though! 🤦‍♂️

There’s ride height, there is lower edge of front chin height and then, just to make it intetesting, there is length or width of the splitter.

The R 350 ride is lower than non R because lower tire profile.
About 1/2 inch overall, so 1/4 inch lower just because of tires.

Never compared Shelby and Mach 1 but I think they are close on spring height.
Again because your Mach has HP your tires are lower profile than mine. You have same diameter as the R.

One thing I noticed last year trailering a few different Shelbys is that the lower edge of the regular 350 front chin is very low.
It’s lower than the GT500, and I believe lower than the R, but the R has a wider splitter along with being low.

I think it’s same with your Mach.
You have wider splitter but when you get back to stock ride height, there is possibility lower edge of your splitter will be slightly higher than lower edge of mine.
Just different designs.
The lower edge of the non R 350 is thick.

Next time we’re all three, we’ll have to break out tape measure and have a closer look. 😀

Last edited:
Back