What did you do to your mustang today

Funny, but I don't have that problem lol, well as long as it's not raining out.
A/C Tanked on my 01 a few years ago.

Because I store it 6 1/2 months each winter away from home and I am unable to start it regularly to cycle the AC during storage the AC Tech told me it would be a waste of money replacing components that would only fail due to the downtime each Winter.

A/C on my car has never been great to begin with, it was running warm a couple of years ago and I had it re-charged, now this.

It's going in for brakes soon, so I might get them to diagnose the problem and do an estimate, but I'm not fixing it right away.

Right now I'm happy to live leave it the way it is.

Yeah good point there Marc.
A/C Tanked on my 01 a few years ago.

Because I store it 6 1/2 months each winter away from home and I am unable to start it regularly to cycle the AC during storage the AC Tech told me it would be a waste of money replacing components that would only fail due to the downtime each Winter.
not to jinx myself however I store my 01 every winter and actually last year it never ran at all. I started it a bit over a month ago after I changed the oil and let it all warm up. Tested the ax to circulate it and got cold air. We have had the car for over 17 years (stored every winter) and we have never touched the AC since we have had it.

I wouldn’t want no ac especially in the middle of the day when we have to put the top up because it so hot sometimes. But I know it’s not for everyone.

not to jinx myself however I store my 01 every winter and actually last year it never ran at all. I started it a bit over a month ago after I changed the oil and let it all warm up. Tested the ax to circulate it and got cold air. We have had the car for over 17 years (stored every winter) and we have never touched the AC since we have had it.

I wouldn’t want no ac especially in the middle of the day when we have to put the top up because it so hot sometimes. But I know it’s not for everyone.
Yes there are those days when AC is needed. The older I get, the less I find I can tolerate high humidity, hot days.

Believe me

I Love AC 👍

Not really what I did to my Mustang today but rather what I did this summer would be a better fit.
As many of you remember, some years ago during one of our Fall Runs, I ended up having roof issues where one of my rear brackets broke while raising the roof. This ended up being, to say the least, a real pain in the butt issue to resolve and fix plus it was very costly at a tune just shy of 7000.00 bucks. As a note not many places in the Maritimes deal with this stuff so it's very hard to find shops to make such repairs.
Now since that repair had been done I have been chasing gremlins where my roof was all loose, rattling constantly and I had water leakage under the rear passenger side seat. I won't complain that the rear defrost wire was not re-connected and my carpets were all full of grease, that's just the bonus. And the newly rebuilt cylinders that they had done still leaked and had to be redone, but they wanted to charge me a second time, ah well what can I say??? lol (and no I didn't pay a second time).

So this summer I hit my frustration level and bit the bullet finding and bringing my car to what I would call "Rag Top Experts" in the Quebec City area. Being that my top was still in half decent shape and would have lasted awhile yet it was still beginning to show some of it's age so I made the appointment to have it replaced and this is where answers to my gremlins showed up.
Not half an hour after the tear down of my roof began I received a call from the shop guy explaining to me that my top had been previously installed with missing parts, wrong bolts, some of the straps were not tied in the right locations and worst of all the roof itself where it folds down making a rain gutter leading to the drip tubes had been ripped and tucked inside so water would leak down under the seat instead of making it's way to the drains. The rattle source came from the rollers that sit between the roof and frame and these were not re-installed at the shop where my brackets were replaced following the repair, ah what nice. I did make my way to the shop following the phone call and seen what he was talking about.

Now a month later following the new install I can now report that I have a solid roof with no rattles and best of all I have a water proof roof, no leakage whatsoever.
Moral of the story, if you ever encounter such issues please do your research and bring your car to experts that know their stuff, it will pay in the end I guarantee it. Well worth your time, money and effort to have it done right the first time.
For those wondering that shop in Quebec is called: Rembourrage R. Coté, located in St-Marie, Québec.
As well for a bonus communication with these guys was amazing, he had me send him pictures and videos of my car before I headed up making sure he had all parts needed and that my frame was nice and straight, real pros. to deal with. And he lent me his car for the time I was there, very nice. 👌

IMG_6340[1].JPG

IMG_4488[1].PNG

WOw Roger, I knew about previous problems and thought you found decent place to fix,
guess we all need to do our research. I agree, as much as we want a deal,
doing it right the first time, even if more is always worth it.

I am glad you found a great shop, as Much as I would not want to go that far, I would in a heart beat
to have it done right. I have over the years had a few things done in Quebec, maybe I was lucky,
but always got great work, super experince.

Oh and I love the wheels, I hope I get to see it all in person this summer,
its been far to long.

Thanks gentlemen, I'm also glad I got it sorted out let me tell ya.
Roof works just great now, and what a relief.............

So Trevor yes it's been too long and I am working on trying to make it to an event with you guys, but man the stars just don't seem to want to line up. Let me tell ya that Retirement thing seems to get in the way of everything, thought I did away with a boss and the to-do lists but seem to have picked up another one ... 🫣🫣 lol

Back